Superlite Coupe Race Debut

very impressive car. Ive been running my modified FFR cobra in TTU at SP main for years. He had 4-6 cars on the Swartz Porsche (the guy to beat) after only a few laps! The 1:15 lap time is flat out ridiculous. Cant wait until the car is sorted out, it will be untouchable.

Hopefully you guys will be at VIR in a few weeks. Contact Scott and sign up for the Grassroots Ultimate Challenge the Friday before. You need a sub 2 minute to hang with the big dogs:thumbsup:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thanks Tom,

We have already signed up and are invited for the UTCC...we are also racing the NASA event that same weekend...
Looking forward to it...we wil be running a different driver too....
Ric McCormick http://sites.google.com/site/ricmccormick99/
Ric does not have a ton of time at VIR but he is a great set up and development driver...so we are really looking forward to getting good data..

Last edited:
very impressive car. Ive been running my modified FFR cobra in TTU at SP main for years. He had 4-6 cars on the Swartz Porsche (the guy to beat) after only a few laps! The 1:15 lap time is flat out ridiculous. Cant wait until the car is sorted out, it will be untouchable.

Hopefully you guys will be at VIR in a few weeks. Contact Scott and sign up for the Grassroots Ultimate Challenge the Friday before. You need a sub 2 minute to hang with the big dogs:thumbsup:

We will be at VIR for the UTCC- and the NASA race as well. Hope to see you there!

And we think we will be running sub 2-minute times...but the timers will tell.

<Edit- I see Fran beat me to it...again!>

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Here are the rest of the dates we plan to run the SL-C this season

July 15-17.......Mid-O...........GL NASA.................................. .....Ryan Ellis
July 22-24.......VIR.................NASA & UTCC ........................Ric McCormick
August 12-14..Mid-O............GL NASA.................................... ......Ryan Ellis
Sept. 8-11.......Mid-O............NASA National Championships......Ryan Ellis
Oct. 29.........VIR............ SCCA 13 hr Endurance ...Ryan Ellis, Ric
MCormick , ??, ??

The white #18 SL-C will also be running on the West Coast and competing at the National Mid-Ohio race along with the Thunderhill 25 hr

you guys should be the one car to beat the red Hemi Challenger. I think he ran a 1:56 last season. He has almost 900 hp. I am hoping to beat my 2:05 I ran in March. I should be in the top third on the UTCC grid.
Trevor

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The LS7 Riley DP style car that ran 1.47 secs. two years ago, with Marc Goosens driving will be there too...but at over $300k its a small demographic that can buy smomething like that..

Ron McCall

Supporter
Here are the rest of the dates we plan to run the SL-C this season

July 15-17.......Mid-O...........GL NASA.................................. .....Ryan Ellis
July 22-24.......VIR.................NASA & UTCC ........................Ric McCormick
August 12-14..Mid-O............GL NASA.................................... ......Ryan Ellis
Sept. 8-11.......Mid-O............NASA National Championships......Ryan Ellis
Oct. 29.........VIR............ SCCA 13 hr Endurance ...Ryan Ellis, Ric
MCormick , ??, ??

The white #18 SL-C will also be running on the West Coast and competing at the National Mid-Ohio race along with the Thunderhill 25 hr

So...... You're looking for drivers for the 13hr???? ;)

Congrats on the way the car ran at Summit.
Ryan is an amazing driver and thecar was blindingly fast on the track. There were a few times when I saw him coming way behind me and by the time I had a chance to make room for him to pass, he was already around me!
Incredible car!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Mid Ohio this weekend....

VIR and the UTCC next weekend...

hoping for some good results...race engine back in , lots of small tweeks...typical race car...

I will report back from Mid O...next week....

Wish us luck

Wish you the best of luck. The race car was/is impressive.
Hope you have better weather than we did on the week of the 24th. It rained enough to cancel qualifying on Fri. And Sat was only slightly better. But we had fun crewing for our friends 911.
Good luck and let us know how it went.

Fran ! great work on all your hard work , I have viewed ,on this site .

Do you guys by chance have some tried and true , tested set ups for the MK I,II and the IV ? In the stock versions? the one that comes when we order one of your Race prepped rollers?

And if you guys upgrade parts, springs ,shocks, rotors,calip, ect..

And if so what do you guys recommend ?and some base settings ?

Use of the next car I build will be almost pure track days/testing, and endurance ,2 to 6 hours , with maybe a 12 hour at sebring raceway ,my home track,and lots at road atlanta.

Raced a few spec cars,But cutt my teeth in wera road racing super sport motor cycles, for about 5 years. That was 20 years ago.Then old age and self preservation has placed me in 4 wheels these days.

Never owned a 40, but have driven, one of yours at a car show,about 2 years ago and fell in love.

Basically, I am wanting to know, from all here ,who have raced their cars,at race pace, how do the stock components, hold up under every weekend raceing, and weekly test and tunes.

Or what upgrades do you guys recommend ,that work well with the (MK IV which is what i am going to be building ,unless i can find a 917 LH body which i dont think RCR makes one?)chassis?

Thanks to anyone that replies

PS new to the site so if this post needs to be moved , please do so

Back