The Ashes 2010

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Not so fast there David old chum....

Wonderful - a betting man. How about we bet a lunch .....
Kieth will be doing a cheese run in the near future so we could possibly go to the New Mill at Eversley. Sort of central for all of us ...

Kieth will be doing a cheese run in the near future so we could possibly go to the New Mill at Eversley. Sort of central for all of us ...

Sounds like a deal to me - what terms of engagement shall we agree on?

David,

All bets are off now. Time for me to eat my words...

munch munch slurp gobble gobble...

It's another amazing display from Cooky!

It seems to be all too easy. HUZZAH!!!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Loser buys the first beers?
High Scoring? Words like Agony , Ecstasy, Snatching defeat, Groans, all spring to mind.
This England. Metaphorically, I am walking on Englands mountains green. They should all become Sirs.....

Loser buys the first beers?
High Scoring? Words like Agony , Ecstasy, Snatching defeat, Groans, all spring to mind.
This England. Metaphorically, I am walking on Englands mountains green. They should all become Sirs.....

Bring me my bat of burning gold
Bring me my Duke ball of desire...

Hehehe. I, like you David, am simply over the moon with last nights display. I LOVE Cricket, and am so CHUFFED :):):):):)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Declaration at 650 or slightly before. That would be my plan. What fun.....
I don't know about Tramadol nights but it may be another Barolo night.
I love it. I think I'll replay the series time and time again.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Come on you blokes it's not over yet. I'm heading to the USA today so wont be able to see the Aussies gain victory from the jaws of defeat. It was a great innings from the Chef.

Keith

And just who ate my cheese? :evil:

On the cricket front, what would have happened if Bell had have walked (like he should have) :worried:

So, impending defeat faces the Aussies, but they manage to stretch it out until tomorrow.

Makes you want to get on a plane to Sydney to join the party!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Absolutely Jon. Pete might not have heard about it yet and I don't know if his phone will work in the U.S.A. He may still be right but I think the writing is being writ as we speak and the party tomorrow will go on and on.

So, impending defeat faces the Aussies, but they manage to stretch it out until tomorrow.

Makes you want to get on a plane to Sydney to join the party!

They say a picture paints a thousand words, so here's mine :-

Attachments

• qantas.jpg
    qantas.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 175

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:rockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmile:chug::chug::chug::chug::whip::whip::whip::whip::juggle2::juggle2::juggle2::juggle2::juggle2::juggle2::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:

3 -1

Yes.......

Can I assume that you are quite Happy, David?

Damn, I was hoping for much more of a fight before we handed you a win. Our team is just not up to standard unfortunately, so we had very few enjoyable moments :((

Ok, so its not quite a 5-0 whitewash. But how many teams beat Australia 3-1, in Australia and each of those 3 victories have been by at least an innings?

Many records have fallen in this series, and the England team deserve every bit of praise they get.
we won!

3-1

Just in case you didn't know :D

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:rockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmile:chug::chug::chug::chug::whip::whip::whip::whip::juggle2::juggle2::juggle2::juggle2::juggle2::juggle2::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:

3 -1

Yes.......

David and Jonny,

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back