THRUXTON GT40 TRACK DAY

Hi All,

I am looking into the feasibility of a track day at Thruxton for GT40's only.

I have in mind a Saturday for the driving, followed by a party in the clubhouse and camping overnight. A good fry up would be available before departure on the Sunday! Alternatively we could see about driving both on the Saturday and the Sunday.

I think it would be great to have a social event attached to this, in order to put website names to faces!

I need to check out costs, availability and db levels, but if anyone would be interested in driving this great circuit, please respond so I can get some idea of numbers.

Thanks,

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi Rick.
I'm also interested in this one - subject to the usual concerns of course:
- clashing with other commitments,
- cost
- noise levels, etc.
Keep us informed.

Charles

Pls keep me in the loop Rick, my car is nearly ready, and subject to my other Loony Tunes racing committments I'm up for a day at Englands fastest circuit....in the dry please.
Rgds,
BarryD

hi rick,
im up for the track day and the few beers afterwards. as for noise regs i havent got the car yet but i'll try and break them shouting about how good the RF is!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok,

We have 10 so far including Frank who is away. I will post more details when I have them (hopefully next week)

Thanks,

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Ceratinly be happy to attend (depending on dates) but most likely not track my car this time. Ok to park it up? Main concern is that our cars have always had noise issues at Thruxton. It is a much quieter track than say Goodwood. Last time I drove Thruxton was in display lap mode behind a Jaguar XJ220 for the 25th Anniversary celebration of BARC about 10 years ago. Definately a fast track but you will need good brakes for the chicane!

Hi Malcom,

You are welcome to park it up, but I am trying to get to an arrangement with them about db levels.

Rick

Back