Tucson

The news reports that the shooter's acquaintances said he didn't watch the news , listen to talk radio , or pay particular attention to politics .
But was obsessed with some anti-religious / money movement .
And had exchanges with Giffords in the past , with letters found ... he didn't like her . But nothing specific reported about why they were writing .

Or maybe I heard this wrong . I'm in and out of my truck a lot , and my phones ring a lot .

But it really seems a shame that we'll lose more liberties over this . I would bet the P C police get more authority over the citizens , and the politicians keep on keeping on .
Violence , hate and anger wont be tolerated ... so be careful Mr. Craik .:squint:

That's about the same as I heard about the wacko!

Keith

The news reports that the shooter's acquaintances said he didn't watch the news , listen to talk radio , or pay particular attention to politics .
And had exchanges with Giffords in the past , with letters found ... he didn't like her . But nothing specific reported about why they were writing .

Or maybe I heard this wrong . I'm in and out of my truck a lot , and my phones ring a lot .

But it really seems a shame that we'll lose more liberties over this . I would bet the P C police get more authority over the citizens , and the politicians keep on keeping on .
Violence , hate and anger wont be tolerated ... so be careful Mr. Craik .:squint:

If he didn't watch News(TV?) listen to radio or pay attention to politics how on earth did he get to hear about (let alone dislike or have issues with) Ms Giffords. Pigeon Post or the last rider from Pony Express?

Honestly, sometimes y'all will believe any bullshite as long as it fits in with your hearts desires - that this is an isolated whacko and nothing at all to do with the general decline of the ability of the general populace to practice polite human interaction, whilst enduring manipulated conflict for entertainment and political advantage sake driven by media & politicians.

Even as I speak, Nissan gives a new and legitimate meaning to the term "Traitors", presumably for profit.

If you adopt the "whacko" position then you blind yourself to other possibilities/solutions.

One thing is for sure, if the democratic process of politicians actually bothering to meet the people in their community suffers as a result to the point that they will not indulge in such practices in the future, then this "whacko" will have achieved far more than the tragedy of 9/11 which actually united all creeds all religions all politics the world over in utter condemnation including, yes, including the majority peaceful and legitimate Muslim community.

To adopt the "whacko" theory in it's entirety is to shrug ones shoulders and say, "oh well, maybe they (whacko's) won't get as many next time".

My slogan for 2011: "Reign in the Rhetoric"

Yeah that's the scoop going around. Problem is, I have seen NO ONE yet, in connection with this statement, mention that he used the internet. Apparently he has a Facebook page and has put videos up on YouTube. You don't need to watch TV and listen to the radio to be in contact with all the political drivel. Not to mention the fact that a lot of what he read is actually right wing. I think about the only thing not in line with the right for Ayn Rand was that she was athiest. Many scholars will argue that Hitler was right wing.

As time goes on, I do have to admit that my initial feelings towards this guy being influenced by the political mud slinging is tempered quite a bit. At least it is bringing the situation to light with more people though, I hope.

BTW, "Violence , hate and anger wont be tolerated ... so be careful Mr. Craik" ... WTF?

My view was to wait before talking (saw two of my Facebook friends who jumped to conclusions). Just a nut case.

Regarding gun control, the UK allows those extra large capacity clips but any semi-auto has to be deactivated and effectively become single shot. Not a bad idea.

I didn't say I belived anything I heard , mearly posting what I had heard .
I haven't heard anyone say he only read right right wing , but did hear Rush say it was all left wing material found . I AM NOT a big Rush fan , I go a lot of places during the day , and talk radio is very popular around here .
I still don't think the shooting was driven by political drivel from ether side at this point , I haven't seen the proof .
This guy had personal contact with the congress woman , if the report I heard was correct .

aero
"WTF ?"
listen to Obama's speech agian , then look at Jim Craik post , =angry 7x ,
then find some humar in it ...... Mr aero :squint:

domtoni
It dosent matter how you sell the gun , if someone is going to break the law , what makes you think the gun will be as sold ?

Pat

Supporter
Veek - I understand and agree with your words. I do have to ask though- after 9/11/2001, did you spend the next few weeks solely thinking only about the victims of that attack? I don't ask that in an antagonistic manner either.

Chris, I did think about the 911 victims and the site of those hurling themselves to their deaths is something forever etched in my mind, as are those that perished in the Pentagon, New York and Pennsylvania.
But no, I did not solely think about that. I was on active duty in the army and I put my job ahead of my grief and horror. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time.
I believe the political rhetoric is overheated (and absurd silliness) and the meaningful discussion of the assessment and treatment of the seriously mentally ill is woefully inadequate. I referenced a book in my earlier post. Please consider reading it. In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers are with Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, the other victims and especially the parents family and friends of Christina Green. To lose a child, especially in this way, is an unimaginable horror and I hope they find the grace and strength to bear it.

Last edited:

Keith

Ok. my bad, to quote a term I have never got to grips with excepts it's kinda black ghetto type thang, its seems all cool and you guys have got a lock on it.

Thank the Lawd. I will sleep better tonight for knowing that. :)

If he didn't watch News(TV?) listen to radio or pay attention to politics how on earth did he get to hear about (let alone dislike or have issues with) Ms Giffords. Pigeon Post or the last rider from Pony Express?

Honestly, sometimes y'all will believe any bullshite as long as it fits in with your hearts desires - that this is an isolated whacko and nothing at all to do with the general decline of the ability of the general populace to practice polite human interaction, whilst enduring manipulated conflict for entertainment and political advantage sake driven by media & politicians.

Even as I speak, Nissan gives a new and legitimate meaning to the term "Traitors", presumably for profit.

If you adopt the "whacko" position then you blind yourself to other possibilities/solutions.

One thing is for sure, if the democratic process of politicians actually bothering to meet the people in their community suffers as a result to the point that they will not indulge in such practices in the future, then this "whacko" will have achieved far more than the tragedy of 9/11 which actually united all creeds all religions all politics the world over in utter condemnation including, yes, including the majority peaceful and legitimate Muslim community.

To adopt the "whacko" theory in it's entirety is to shrug ones shoulders and say, "oh well, maybe they (whacko's) won't get as many next time".

My slogan for 2011: "Reign in the Rhetoric"

Keith,

Thank you, for me you have an ability to take muddy waters and make them clear, all power to your elbow.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Guys,

I'm wondering from the lack of respone to my "I'm angry post" are you OK with the types of talk that went on in Arizona during the last election?

I mean regardless if it effected this guy or not. Are you OK with public personalities using this type of "gun talk"?

Keith

Keith,

Thank you, for me you have an ability to take muddy waters and make them clear, all power to your elbow.

Nick you have no idea what that means to me. Thank you.

I have always put community over self.

I just wish I could have done more in my own lifetime.. but clearly the message is not getting through globally.

However, I strongly feel that it will do in the UK because I believe we are far more tolerant and less bigoted :)

I live in hope...

Peace and love my brothers.. (don't forget the big stick) :)

Jim
things should be taken in context , and I'm not sure I understand the full scope of what was said . ( but not the scope used for targeting ) mostly because I have not heard the whole of the speeches . So I tend to get the gist and move on . Maybe just the way I was brought up .
I can not believe that Palin , or anybody else for that matter , is calling to arms to win an election .
All of life can not be described as a base ball game , most driven people seem to use foot ball or war terms . And I like to cuss , that has people telling me I'm an angry person . And I would be if I didn't cuss .
As to gun talk , I'm not sure , I need more info .
Are guns popular there ?
Is hunting popular there ?
Is carrying a firearm popular there ?
if so , then that language may relate well there .
If you want to get my attention talk cars ! Use car terms .
I wont listen long if you use gun terms !
And show me pictures of any vehicle with a half naked woman , and , well , you'll surely piss off somebody !

If what was said bothers you , then giving a gameboy to a 4 year old ,as my nephews did my son , and listen to what comes from their mouths !
Story :
I was driving down the road with the family in the car , and a police officer drives by . My son hollers out " a cop daddy , kill him quick ! " .
ANGRY , that made me angry !
I collected my self and explained to him that law officers were for our protection , then ask him where did he get that idea from .
He told me his cousins had let him play 'grand theft auto' and that is part of the game .
I talked to him , and his sister about pretend and reality , and still do .
Then told him if I caught or heard of him playing games like that again , I'd break his fingers .

And even though I would never harm my ,or anybody else's children in such a way , Does the last line , or for that matter any of that story evoke an emotional response ?

As far as I'm concerned , life is dangerous , and you have to be taught to steer clear of that which will harm you . That means being exposed to all the germs so you can build up anti-bodys , and resistance to them .

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Frank3,

Yes, I can understand how all this might be confusing.

In this last election, several politicians (mostly Tea Party folks), began using gun, shooting References. Not just I like guns stuff but implying their use against Democratic candidates.

Some of them taken alone would not mean much. The much talked about "target map" showed showed several Democratic areas that Palin felt should be removed from office. This map used rifle scope sights with "cross hairs" over these areas, including Gabrielle Giffords area. Unfortunately they did not stop there. They then added things like "help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office, shoot a fully automatic weapon!

They then added references to "Second Amendment solutions" (for those who do not know the 2nd Amendment refers to the right to bear arms). Then after loosing the election Palin announced "don't retreat, reload" and used words like "take back".

What was being implied here is fairly obvious, then right after they
Code:
called for this type of activity, some nut did just what the asked for.

As I said taken by it's self the "cross hair" map does not mean much, taken with this the other rhetoric it is very sinister. Right after the shooting, Palin quickly removed the "cross hair" map from her web site

In an effort to show that everyone does this, they found Democratic map with what looks like dart board targets.

No recent dart attacks were noted.

Last edited:
Frank3,

Yes, I can understand how all this might be confusing.

In this last election, several politicians (mostly Tea Party folks), began using gun, shooting References. Not just I like guns stuff but implying their use against Democratic candidates.

Some of them taken alone would not mean much. The much talked about "target map" showed showed several Democratic areas that Palin felt should be removed from office. This map used rifle scope sights with "cross hairs" over these areas, including Gabrielle Giffords area. Unfortunately they did not stop there. They then added things like "help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office, shoot a fully automatic weapon!

They then added references to "Second Amendment solutions" (for those who do not know the 2nd Amendment refers to the right to bear arms). Then after loosing the election Palin announced "don't retreat, reload" and used words like "take back".

What was being implied here is fairly obvious, then right after they
Code:
called for this type of activity, some nut did just what the asked for.

As I said taken by it's self the "cross hair" map does not mean much, taken with this the other rhetoric it is very sinister. Right after the shooting, Palin quickly removed the "cross hair" map from her web site

In an effort to show that everyone does this, they found Democratic map with what looks like dart board targets.

No recent dart attacks were noted.

Jim, A target is a target, cross hairs or crossed "dart board". How many corporate board rooms do you think use the same thing to "target" sales/demographic areas. "Get out there and fight, get the customers from the opposition" The argument is silly, let it go. You don't even listen to "your" president. Geeez!!!

Nick you have no idea what that means to me. Thank you.

I have always put community over self.

I just wish I could have done more in my own lifetime.. but clearly the message is not getting through globally.

However, I strongly feel that it will do in the UK because I believe we are far more tolerant and less bigoted :)

I live in hope...

Peace and love my brothers.. (don't forget the big stick) :)

Well aren't you special, you probably don't fart either! :)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al,

Like I said, taken by it's self the cross hairs would not mean much. Taken with the other rhetoric they mean a lot!

Why did they try and hide them after the shooting?

Last edited:
Ok , so I'm still researching , but so far I've found .....

The target map =
has been up for a year or so . And the wording , while gun related , to the best of my ability to decipher , is about Dems. that voted for health care , that were to be voted out of office .

The "don't retreat , reload , and aim for Democrats =
could have been said - don't feel defeated , regroup , and vote them out of office .
not as strong , but feels better maybe . no style . not her style . Maybe a reason for you not to vote for her , if you don't already have enough , that is if she runs , She may never be anything more than a fluffer . Or a ruffler . She sure gets noticed !

The shoot auto weapon =
An add for an event that was to take place 6/12/10 @ 1-:00am
and read :
Get on Target for Victory in November
Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office
Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly
Cost =$50.

Event was canceled !

And I just found this , which I find startling . It took the Sheriff 15-20 minutes to show up , and the EMS came 30 minutes later . WOW !

The bulls eye target was used to train troops to shoot around WW1 .
Large percentage of troops would not shoot at enemy until life in danger .
By WW2 the human upper body silhouette was employed , and a higher percentage would engage the enemy .
So next came the Video projected on walls in a room , which lead to computer simulation , which was developed for consumer use .

So the Democrats were using outdated , ineffective targets on their map , and Palin used a James Bond movie opening title target . or so it seems .

And listen to our president ? wouldn't do that , He's a politician , If his lips are moving , he's lying !

Back