Urgent Help

Hello to all of you.

I hope you'll all excuse this unusual post and understand why I am making it.

As a consequence of my Cousins tragic illness (Alzheimer's) , I find myself the custodian of DAX replica chassis No1 GT40 replica.

I have no idea if this has any great value or not.

There is also a body, 4 rims and various parts - a list is being compiled for me and I have some pictures from a visit a few years back.

I am in Jersey in the Channel Islands and the chassis, body and parts are stored in North wales where they have been for many years.

However, the property is about to be sold and the GT40 parts must be moved and/or sold urgently.

I would be most grateful if anyone could assist me in establishing the best way to deal with this.

Many thanks

Niall

Hi Niall,
The best way would be to become a Forum member and then post pictures in the Cars for Sale section. Members could help advise how much it is worth, but pictures will help the most.

Brett

Hello Brett,

Thanks for this.

To be clear it's the chassis and a shell - not the complete car. Is there a spare parts section?
IMG_4597_zpsc63954ec.jpg

IMG_4588JPG-Version2_zps54d8efd0.jpg

IMG_4587_zpsaaa4cf6a.jpg

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
That certainly looks like a DAX - I also have one!

As a rolling Chassis / Body kit the factory price back in early 1990 would have been about £20000 plus VAT

But without proof of purchase of the Chassis as new etc you will end up with a Q plate at registration and that makes the finished car less desirable (Dax / DJ Sprotscars in Essex may assist with copies)

From that stage to complee could be done in 4 - 6 months - lots of work and a basic car registered

Oh and to complete from these expect to spend £7 - 10000 on parts and a "quick paint" job Engine and gearbox on top of that

Ian

Hi Sorry,

I hope this link for the pictures works?

GT40 Photos by NiallJsy | Photobucket

The chassis which was sold many years ago by an ex-employee of DAX. It is said (unverified) to be the original No1 chassis produced for the DAX GT40(2) project hence ending in 02 1.

The project I'm told was sold to an Indian company but the owner and/or the project was lost in a plane crash.

Ian Richardson has stored all these parts in his Engineering Works (Wildcat Engineering) for some years on behalf a friend (my relative). Ian Richardson (as I understand it) worked as a consultant on the original Ford/Gulf GT40 project. This property has now been sold and I need to move the following:

The heads were unfortunately stolen.

The lot includes amongst other parts:
Chassis
Body
All suspension
Dashboard
Windscreen
Ford (windsor) Block (4 bolt)
Crank
Pistons
Rods
Flywheel
Renault Gordini gearbox (with pump for 5th)
Set of 4 wheels

hello to all of you.

I hope you'll all excuse this unusual post and understand why i am making it.

As a consequence of my cousins tragic illness (alzheimer's) , i find myself the custodian of dax replica chassis no1 gt40 replica.

I have no idea if this has any great value or not.

There is also a body, 4 rims and various parts - a list is being compiled for me and i have some pictures from a visit a few years back.

I am in jersey in the channel islands and the chassis, body and parts are stored in north wales where they have been for many years.

However, the property is about to be sold and the gt40 parts must be moved and/or sold urgently.

I would be most grateful if anyone could assist me in establishing the best way to deal with this.

Many thanks

niall

photos

Back