USA GTD Build

My mufflers came a few days ago. I am beginning to think they won't be offering much in the way of sound reduction, but we'll give em a go anyways.

Attachments

• muffler1.jpg
    muffler1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 944
  • muffler2.jpg
    muffler2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 945
Installed my driving lights over the past week. The hole has to be cleaned up a bit, but you get the idea. These are Hella 90mm high beams and I glassed in the bucket on the backside, this allows easy adjustment with the three aiming screws, I'll slot the mount to level on a horizontal plane. This is a prototype set up and I may move them around a bit to adjust cosmetics.

Attachments

• driving light.jpg
    driving light.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 989
  • driving light back.jpg
    driving light back.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,016
Last edited:

Ron McCall

Supporter
I think you will be suprised just how much those mufflers quiet the car down. I have the 3 1/2" version on my Pantera with 180deg headers.

Spent a little time with a buddy on Saturday fitting the mufflers. Hoping to spend lots of time in the garage over the next few months. If I have my way and the dogs don't get sick, or the roof don't blow off of the house, well finish the mechanicals this winter and start body work this spring.

Attachments

• mufflers out of rear clip.jpg
    mufflers out of rear clip.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 795
Well time and money issues had but the kabosh on the build for a while (like that's something new at my house). have not done much with respect to new parts, but I have tidied things up a bit. Now that I have a little more time available and some more nickles in the jar, we are getting back on with the build. A few pics for those of you following a GTD through the process. Considering the limited amount of resources I can apply to the build, it's going to hit the streets "bared boned" so to speak. I have a call in to the state police to come over and check it out so that it can be registered.

Brian

Attachments

• reardriverside1.jpg
    reardriverside1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 631
  • seatprotptype1.jpg
    seatprotptype1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 572
  • trailing arm pic.jpg
    trailing arm pic.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 672
  • sideclosed.jpg
    sideclosed.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 583

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Brian - a very sweet ride you are constructing there.. I am drooling over the ultimate color combination between wheels / body....

Curious if you have any good pics of how the door hinges work on the GTD and how you got everything aligned?

It is with much sadness that I have to say my GT will be for sale shortly. The victim of a very bitter four year divorce battle. I shall be posting a full description and pictures when I take possession from storage. One of you hopefulls that possess just a little know how will end up with a very nice ride for very short money.

Brian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Terribly sorry for you Brian.... If only there were a way for you to stash it away for a while... Certainly you've looked at all the possible angles...

:(

Brian,
Sorry to see the car may be sold. Thanks to you I have used a lot of your build ideas along the way... I will miss seeing your dog avatar :(

Good luck !

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Brian

Sorry to hear the bad news.
Is there any way you could ""sell"" it to a friend till all the bad stuff is over.

That is what I had to do to keep a 34 Chevy street rod I had built when I went through the same thing.

Dimi

Back