Weather Pack connectors and high temp sheathing

Hello,

I am wondering who has found the best(cheapest) source for weather pack connectors? I also am wondering what you guys suggest for high temp sheathing. We will be running some wires dangerously close to the exhaust pipes. The stuff I looked at was rated pretty well but they have a hundred foot minimum($$$). That was at Del City.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Hello,

I am wondering who has found the best(cheapest) source for weather pack connectors?

Don't know if it's cheapest but Pegasus Racing is otherwise a good source:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=WEATHERPACK

Waytek wire also gets a lot of recommendations here:

www.waytekwire.com

High temp sheathing has been discussed a lot, I think most recently in the SLC subforum. IAE Summit Racing carries a lot of different types, as does, again, Pegasus Racing.

Last edited:
Cary

In OZ ,dont know about the USA , Electical outlets(where the contractors shop) sell heatshrink in 1 mt lengths and they also sell fiber woven tube in different sizes.
It has a high temp rating, it is used in ovens to sheath electrical cable.
I use it around exausts.
Cheap.

Jim

Cary:
Also try McMaster/Carr, lots of sleeving, sold by the foot, price not too bad. I have seen the weather pack kits on ebay pretty reasonably, the whole kit with the crimpers and all.

Here is a link for the sleeving. McMaster-Carr

Cheers
Phil

For weather packs there is always Ebay. They come in kits and most supply the extractor tool with them. Good for comparing the cost. For the crimper if you don't have one, go to Tool Aid. There's is listed for around $30. They can run as high as $100+. Mine works great.

Bill

Waytekwire.com

e.g.,
Welcome to Waytek

Don't go cheap on electrical, go quality. Also buy the crimper tool, perfect crimps all the time. There's a reason people think crimping sucks and will fail over time - they tried to save $50 and do it a half-assed way

Back