What Kind Of Replica Would You Build ?

Now I find something else that I really like. It's called an XTR-2 and it has a Suzuki motorcycle engine. Then I read a little further and they are now making an XTR-4 that uses the Audi 4 cylinder turbo and the 016 transaxle. It's a company called Westfields. I tell ya this would be the best in a autocross competition.
http://www.xtr2.net/

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 27280-XTR2 Westfield.jpg
    27280-XTR2 Westfield.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 336
Hershal,

Westfield, Radical and Palmer all make similar products - all U.K made.

The fastest I believe is the Palmer JP1. It has a Jaguar V6 engine. It is very, very quick. It's about £39,999. Ready to go, go, go!!

Regards,

J.P

Attachments

• 27284-jaguar_main.jpg
    27284-jaguar_main.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 383

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The XJ13 is already being made by at least three companies Tempero, all aluminum and very accurate,Proteus and Predator both are tube frame with fiberglass bodies ala GT40 replicas.
There is a Predator built one here around Detroit and it looks fabulous,it has a ZF trans and a fuel injected 12 cylinder from an XJS.
Very similar in execution to our GT40's.......
Ther is also an XJ220 rep for sale in NZ/Australia somewhere,I think it was a home built car but the body looked great..
NEXT PROJECT ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
I would go for a 917 replica and do my best to get it through SVA. I know Malcolm is looking into it, and I'm sure with plenty of determination it is possible to do SVA and have some insane Sunday blasts!!

Regards,

J.P

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi JP,

Which Malcolm do you refer to? This one would love a 917 but is not looking into it for SVA. I have avowed never to take on SVA! Just for clarification purposes....

Malcolm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Which Malcolm do you refer to?

[/ QUOTE ]

You! Mr MacAdam!

You must be tempted to get one on the road! I can't think of anything more extreme. I'm a way off ordering yet. But I'm doing some research. Thinking about 550HP etc. I know the wheels might be an issue, but I'm in favour of buying some magnesium wheels from Bill Jongbloed.

We'll have to see.....

Regards,

J.P

Gents, how about the Ford 3 Litre prototype (AKA P68)?
By the way, Hersh, thanks for the link for the Porsche GT1, I've been trying to track this down for some time!

Attachments

• 27865-205-3.jpg
    27865-205-3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 376

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
I'd love to do a 906 porsche, using donor 911 car & parts. Makes great sense too.... Photos courtesy of Chris Melia.

Thanks

Bill.

Attachments

• 27922-Porsche 906 #2.jpg
    27922-Porsche 906 #2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 362
I have a Radical, not a "replica" but I gave the nod to my favorite 917 while painting it for this season (or Gulf GT40 if you like).

clubs Porsche GT3 RSs like baby seals and pulls close to 2.4G cornering. Obstensibly a D-sports car but we are racing it in NASA super-unlimited.

1000cc Kawasaki...you don't need big HP to go REAL fast.
frontdone.jpg

Gordon Levy was telling me his GT40 runs 1:26-1:27 at Willow Springs, this car runs 1:20. Here's a picture at Buttonwillow on a test day and before I repainted it.
dscn2173.jpg

This would be my vote.
Does anyone make Alpha Romeo replicas?
This is a beautiful car from the late 60's.
33/2

Steve

Attachments

• 30211-ALPHA2.jpg
    30211-ALPHA2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 354
Back