Yos' SLC Build Thread

Yos,

Outstanding! Thanks for the VIP tour today.

I'm extremely impressed with how clean you garage is, very nice.

Thanks Justin and Frank! Hopefully this thread will help someone out one day.

That's pretty cool :D

Where the corrugated pipe enters underneath the aluminum, make certain it isn't touching the aluminum panels, otherwise it'll get sawed through in a hurry (they have like 0 durability, at least based on my experiences)

Thanks for the warning Alex. I think your 100% correct...one more reason to look into welded pipes I suppose. What are you doing for the coolant pipes?

Wow, looking really good. That is some tight squeeze for the engine but im glad it worked out. What is the engine hight? Will the glass clear?

Not sure on the exact height, but it does fit under the glass....barely!

Yos,

Outstanding! Thanks for the VIP tour today.

I'm extremely impressed with how clean you garage is, very nice.

Your welcome over anytime Vidal. The girls help me keep that place spotless :thumbsup:

See you next week!

T
Thanks for the warning Alex. I think your 100% correct...one more reason to look into welded pipes I suppose. What are you doing for the coolant pipes?

I used corrugated tubing like you did in the same location, except I've used vinyl Aeroquip cushion clamps to hold it down and into place so it can't rub on anything

Yos -- I have the same transaxle. How is the tail-end section supported in the rear. Is there some sort of rear trans mount/bracket on the lower rear horizontal beam or... a picture or part number/brand etc. would be great.

Thx, Mike

Yos -- I have the same transaxle. How is the tail-end section supported in the rear. Is there some sort of rear trans mount/bracket on the lower rear horizontal beam or... a picture or part number/brand etc. would be great.

Thx, Mike

Hey Mike! There's nothing there right now. I'm planning to build an aluminum plate to secure it to the beam. I'll post pics and can send you a diagram if you like. Should be pretty straight forward...

Mike is right about the transaxle Matt. It's a Porsche G96.50. At least thats what it's supposed to be...

I'm in a similar place. I have a G96/96 from a 2004 Porsche GT3. What I will likely do is get a salvage transmission mount and fab a bracket to attach that to the upper brace. Since I have a full Porsche drivetrain, I may even get rid of the motor mount plate between engine and transmission and just use the stock front motor and transmission mounts. That's how the drivetrain sits in a Porsche.

But that's not what this thread is about. Regarding just the transmission, the part number for the current and most up to date transmission mount for a G96 is 997 375 033 03. In looking at the parts DB, anything from a 996 tiptronic (not manual), 996 GT2/Turbo/GT3, 997.1 base model tiptronic (not manual), 997.1 GT3 and likely more 997's should work, as they all reference this part number as the current replacement part. $250 new, but I'm sure you can get them fairly easily from LAPD or DC Auto. Note that base Carrera with manual are a different part number.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Last edited:
Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. It would obviously be upside down.

Attachments

• pg_0102.jpg
    pg_0102.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 494

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Yos...can you share the brake line clip part numbers with us as I can't seem to find them on the Summit website.

Yos...can you share the brake line clip part numbers with us as I can't seem to find them on the Summit website.

Here's the Summit part numbers Ken. They are a pain to find on their site.

MFY-1018813 Single in Red

MFY-2028813 Dual in Red

They have a bunch of styles, sizes, and colors. Check them out or even order them here. They might even be cheaper than Summit :thumbsup:

https://www.made4uproducts.com/

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Thanks Yos! Did it take more than one set of 8 single size and one set of 8 dual to complete the brake and clutch lines?

Just looked it up on their website...10/32" stainless I'm assuming is the bolt size. The 1/4" must be for the larger sizes.

Last edited:
No Problem Ken. I think you'll be fine with 8 and 8. I ended up using p-clamps around the front wheel area anyways. They helped to squeeze the lines out of they way of the coolant tubes.

The clamps come with philips head 10-32 screws I believe. In the spirit of over-doing things...I bored the holes out and used 1/4-20 allen heads on all of them :D

Back