Yos' SLC Build Thread

Since I have a full Porsche drivetrain, I may even get rid of the motor mount plate between engine and transmission and just use the stock front motor and transmission mounts.
The motor plate and its mounts are an integral part of the chassis. I imagine you could run without the plate but you would most likely need to run a bar from one side to the other in place of it.

The motor plate and its mounts are an integral part of the chassis. I imagine you could run without the plate but you would most likely need to run a bar from one side to the other in place of it.

Yup, that would be the plan. Steel bar across the two mount plate holes as replacement. I'm going to get all the stuff in house (transmission is major missing piece) and then figure out what route to take.

Hey Vidal,

I'm hoping to put up a progress post with pics by this weekend. I've been in a holding pattern for a bit because of parts logistics, etc...But I have been bouncing around a lot, doing a little here, and a little there...if that makes sense.

Last week I sorted out the pedals and the dbw box. I stripped down the steering column and I'm in the process of getting it back in. I have the fuel system all sorted out. I'm finishing up the brakes too.

Currently...I'm trying to decide between cutting the harness open so I can get the DBW wire to reach the pedals or splicing into it. I thought I read on this forum somewhere that a company made extensions for it, but I don't see how that is any better than splicing/soldering longer wires in. I've read that either way is ok, but...who knows.

Mainly...I've been ordering parts like crazy. Summit stock must be on the rise! And, my engine was missing a bunch of fittings and sensors, so those are on the way from my local GM dealer. I didn't realize all that stuff was gone until I got the harness and didn't have anything to plug it into! GM parts...ouch! I also have a set of 2013 ZR-1 Downpipes on the way. Got them for a great price as take-offs from the corvette forum, and I should be able to cannabalize them into working for the SL-C. Cam did a great job of this on his build...

I'm trying to get the transaxle sorted too, but I somehow lost my starter, fork, and slave cylinder...that was an expensive boo boo :shout: Currently waiting on Gbox to get me replacement prices. I still need to get it cleaned up too.

Basically I'm just trying to get everything pre-fabbed or at least "placed" so I can tear everything down and start final assembly with sound deadening, heat sheilds, cosmetics, etc...

Yos The Koso dash didn't have any sensors with it except the speed I went out bought them too, but after looking at the Koso dash for a while I decided I had to upgrade to the Digi dash pro and I am glad I did much much nicer piece and all the sensor's come with it. So now I have some brand new senders that I won't be needing if you need some let me know. Also if you need stock GM parts try GMPartsShop.com best prices I have found so far.
Cheers,
Grant

Enjoying you build Yos?

Sometimes...

Any updates?

The car is getting the exhaust made right now. I'm trying to do something really different with the tips, so that's taking a bit longer than normal. The rear diffuser is getting hacked up in the process too. I've been waiting to post updates until I had some things completed...I have a lot of things at 90%, but nothing really helpful to share yet.

Hopefully I'll get some cool stuff posted soon :thumbsup:

Thanks Grant! I haven't made a final decision on gauges yet. I might go a totally different direction...

I'll check out GMPartsShop.com too. GM stuff gets pricey. Thanks for the tip! :)

Hey Guys...I just wanted to share a little progress. I've got all my parts "in-house" now, so things should progress a little quicker. Hopefully :thumbsup:

I ended up biting the bullet on the coolant pipes and had some solid aluminum pipes welded up. The price was right, and it just seemed like a good idea. I was terrified at the prospect of a leak in an area that would be hard to access once the body was on. I'd suggest this as a necessary evil.

I also decided to go with the Tillet B5's for seats. I ordered them without pads, so I can make my own. I've been talking to a new upholstery guy, and I have some ideas for leather/suede. Probably with paint matched stitching. Here's a pic of the seat mounts we made...

imag2206.jpg

imag2205.jpg

The exhaust is now 100% complete. I bought some 2013 ZR-1 downpipes from a guy over at the corvette forum. Cam's thread gave me the idea, and I liked the way he used cats in his exhaust. I went with SLP loudmouth II mufflers. One benifit of using the LS9 is that the intake still faces forward...this left me the needed room behind the engine to put in a cross pipe. I think the cats, crossover, and SLP's should give the car the perfect sound.

I couldn't figure out what to do with the diffuser...so we modified it. Here's the design I made on my PC.

diffuser1progress.jpg

I think they nailed it!!! :thumbsup:

imag2132v.jpg

imag2126.jpg

Here's a shot of the mufflers and crossover...

imag2084.jpg

imag2208.jpg

Cats...

imag2214s.jpg

imag2168x.jpg

imag2170.jpg

My absolute favorite pic. The SL-C looks scary as hell from this angle!

imag2210.jpg

imag2209.jpg

Spectacular, well conceived, well executed and INSPIRING...... as I am working on my exhaust today....off to the shop I go.

A little Red Bull on the left front there Yos?

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. :D

Titan Motorsports did the exhaust. These guys are the real deal...if you can dream it up, they can get you there. They'll also be handling the dyno tuning when its ready. I might go for a new supercharger pulley...with a good tune we might see 700hp. :devilish:

I can't wait to drive the damn thing!

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. :D

Titan Motorsports did the exhaust. These guys are the real deal...if you can dream it up, they can get you there. They'll also be handling the dyno tuning when its ready. I might go for a new supercharger pulley...with a good tune we might see 700hp. :devilish:

I can't wait to drive the damn thing!

Man - that is nice. Outstanding. Did they make two sets....

You're going to have one nice car!

Man - that is nice. Outstanding. Did they make two sets....

No...but I'm sure they wouldn't mind building another one!

Although, I'm not sure they'll ever need to...everyone seems to be running that "street tail" thingy :D

Yos:

About your computer rendering:

diffuser1progress.jpg

What software are you using to design with? CATIA?

Thanks!

Bassanio et Portia :)

Yos,

Wow! That is too cool. I had a picture in my head when you were describing what you were doing, but.....

I can't wait to hear it.

Is that Titan on Boggy Creek?

Back