2012 Boss 302 Mustang

12mustangboss30206.jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
Awesome.

Only took them almost twenty years (4V mod motors first appeared in 93 MKVIIIs) to make something decent out of those naturally aspirated mod motors, but this is looking good. 440hp is not too shabby from 5L with a warranty and street manners.

I need one.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I really hate to see Ford call it a Boss 302....in my mind, the only cars that ought to be called Boss Mustangs are the canted valve head versions from the late 60's/early 70's.

I understand the advertising benefits of calling it a "Boss", it just seems like they could have come up with a different name.

Shame on Ford....

...but having said that, 440 hp from 302 CID and 4 valves per cylinder sure sounds like some kind of fun!! I want one, too (but, you know what they say, want in one hand.....)

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
One thing I can say for sure... The Boss engine block is deserving of the title... It will also be the basis of my next engine!

Hmm.. Wonder when they'll offer those heads up for sale?

And yes - I know the difference between the Modular and Windsor variety... Too bad they can't intermarry!

I think that this will be a great car for the track. I am surprised that with a 6 speed and a "high reving engine", the top speed is 155 mph. The gear set must be very short as the final rear end gearing is 3.73. I would think that the top speed would be higher.

What is the projected cost of this car?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Hey, keep an eye out in the next 2-3 years for the 6.2L from the Raptor to find it's way into the Stang. Word from on high at Ford...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I think that this will be a great car for the track. I am surprised that with a 6 speed and a "high reving engine", the top speed is 155 mph. The gear set must be very short as the final rear end gearing is 3.73. I would think that the top speed would be higher.

What is the projected cost of this car?

"Electronically limited" as Ford is very cautious about top speed, tire ratings and liability. The race car will have no such limiter....

Keith

"Two outlets exit in the rear similar to a standard Mustang GT. The other two outlets exit to either side of the exhaust crossover, sending exhaust through a set of metal discs that act as tuning elements before the pipes terminate just ahead of the rear wheel opening"

Supertrapp?

Back