24hr 16th/17th June

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I'll be calling at Sacy , near Reims, on the way back and collecting about 200 bottles
of Janet Poret - a Premier Cru Champagne - my stock for home for the coming year.

Paul, don't confuse this event with anything sporting. It's a money thing and them as have it win. Remember other manufactureres have done it in the past (even Ford).
I estimate this to cost $110m (£60+) without including the 90m long two storey pavilion.
In addition to that they have 1500 bottles (250 cases) of Premier Cru Champagne in the coolers which, alone, I think is about £80k. Somehow I think it will get used.

Hi David,
As if to echo your thoughts on the matter:

RE: PH Blog: has Audi ruined Le Mans?

:huh::huh:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Iain,
My visits into the garage were just engineering meetings and I didn't have time to go to the hospitality area which was about 200m away. If Olly is driving at Silverstone, I'll have plenty of time to go over and say hello.
( once the first light rain during the first 15 minutes of the race stopped I had loads of time but my useless crap french Peugeot pit scooter decided to sulk so I beat the living daylights out of it with a branch from an elm tree. Once the race finished it worked perfectly again. Obviously has an "I hate Audi " complex)
Dave.

Iain,
My visits into the garage were just engineering meetings and I didn't have time to go to the hospitality area which was about 200m away. If Olly is driving at Silverstone, I'll have plenty of time to go over and say hello.
( once the first light rain during the first 15 minutes of the race stopped I had loads of time but my useless crap french Peugeot pit scooter decided to sulk so I beat the living daylights out of it with a branch from an elm tree. Once the race finished it worked perfectly again. Obviously has an "I hate Audi " complex)
Dave.

David Basil Morton eh? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I guess that with today's announcement from Peugeot, it was little surprise they did not field a team at the 24hr last month.
The Peugeot announcement is 8,000 workers lose their jobs aujourd'hui. Holy moley.

Keith

That is not good news for the people affected but the French Govt has, for a very long time, 'subsidised' various large companies against the spirit and the rules of the EU.

I do not know for sure if Peugot was one of them, but certainly one of the major French auto companies was. Perhaps this is a case of France 'getting it's house in order' in reaction to the Euro mess by withdrawing such illegal subsidies?

Back