Aliens recruited in the U.S. Army

It looks like the radical dropping of standards has not been enough. This year the Army will try to recruit 1,000 foreigners who possess only a temporary visa to be in the United States. In the past, a foreign-born recruit must have had a green card. If the foreign-born recruits with temporary visas do well, they plan to expand the program to the point these recruits will make up over 16% of the Army's soldiers. Next year, the program will probably also be introduced to other branches of our military services.

Those that sign up will be offered an accelerated path to citizenship. They can become citizens in a matter of months. Otherwise, it would take them years, if allowed to become citizens at all.

This is just wrong!
Evidenced by the recent investigations that several U.S. Army Arabic "translators" attempted to posion food at the Jackson Combat Training Center in South Carolina.

Sure, come here with a temporary visa and see our recruiters. We'll welcome you into the Armed Forces. After a brief 6 months you will be granted a U.S. Citizenship! Talk about an easy method of infiltration of our forces. Makes me want to PUKE!

Someone has their head where the sun don't shine!

Your comments welcomed..

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
No profiling OK? Lets not forget about Fort Hood TX and what a mistake that was. Don't forget what the Pres said, "lets not jump to conclusions till the investigation is over" What ever happen to "If it looks like s--t and smells like s--t then it probably is s--t"? As a Vietnam err veteran, I like many of you have seen many young men and women going to fight in our honor, yet now the government will put traders in there mist. Wonder how the moral is on the line?

Actually, I have no problem with this, so long as the recruits are properly vetted. A much better solution than simply granting them immunity and becoming de facto citizens via their illegality. I was a soldier for 8 years. I would rather know that one of my brothers-in-arms actually is willing to DO something to enjoy the rights and privileges of citizenship, rather than the entitled, apathetic view that most native-born hold.

It looks like the radical dropping of standards has not been enough. This year the Army will try to recruit 1,000 foreigners who possess only a temporary visa to be in the United States. In the past, a foreign-born recruit must have had a green card. If the foreign-born recruits with temporary visas do well, they plan to expand the program to the point these recruits will make up over 16% of the Army's soldiers. Next year, the program will probably also be introduced to other branches of our military services.

Those that sign up will be offered an accelerated path to citizenship. They can become citizens in a matter of months. Otherwise, it would take them years, if allowed to become citizens at all.

This is just wrong!
Evidenced by the recent investigations that several U.S. Army Arabic "translators" attempted to posion food at the Jackson Combat Training Center in South Carolina.

Sure, come here with a temporary visa and see our recruiters. We'll welcome you into the Armed Forces. After a brief 6 months you will be granted a U.S. Citizenship! Talk about an easy method of infiltration of our forces. Makes me want to PUKE!

Someone has their head where the sun don't shine!

Your comments welcomed..

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
How about making it compulsory for any immigrants to do 2 years National Service

That could be front line / Afghanistan
Beach patrol to stop jumpers / swimmers
Drug enforcement
Waste tidy
Road refurbishment
Anything really but they get no choice!

Suddenly they will not wnat to "come in"

Ian

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Isnt that the best way to fight any war?

Get other peeps to do it for you? Or at least suffer most of the casualties.

Get other peeps to do it for you? Or at least suffer most of the casualties.

I like the way you think! Opens up all sorts of possibilities - we in the UK could have our first Muslim Regiment.................no offence.

Keith

I reckon that every fluent English speaking white male with brown or fair hair (blue eyes a bonus) in the entire world should be given a work permit and a green card for the USA, to solve your military recruitment crisis :)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

Get other peeps to do it for you? Or at least suffer most of the casualties.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

You should know!

Gurkhas,
Indians,
Canadians,
Kiwis,
Australians,
Scots,
Americans,

PEEPS?

Charlie Farley

Supporter
The sooner robots are used the better.
What could be better than western military employing authentic looking tanned skinned, black turban wearing ' Taliban ' , riding Toyota pick ups !
That would sure confuse the enemy.
Call it ' Blue on Blue ' but with a twist !!!

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I really ought to charge the US Department of Defense for these insights into where they are going wrong.

Solution to the Opium Trade in Afghanistan.

Overfly the poppy fields.
Employ crop spraying single seaters.
Spray the fields with a liquid mixture of pig shit.
Now lets see them Muslims pick the crop.

Back