Yummy....

3%20cadillac%202000.jpg

11_5702.jpg

800px-Cadilac_Northstar_LMP_900.jpg

6360407477_f815c45810_z.jpg

6360408773_de466c8bd6_z.jpg

cadillac.jpg

cadillac_lmp1.jpg

The last picture is the later car....which I also have, but its not the body I am using...

Thats good, the later car doesn't have as much character somehow :thumbsup:

Are we going with the side pods that have the large single Naca duct on the side (like in car # 3) or the pods with the three smaller ducts (like car # 8)

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The car has side mounted/hip radiator locations and we will ahve whatever sized opening we need to keep the engine cool...

This is a race only car and as such changes may need to be made along the way, by the customer if they add more power to increase cooling....

As in F1/all true race cars , they dont like to sit around idling as the heat soak is tremendous...this is not a grocery getter...we can only dumb it down so far ...and we are focused on building a strong and safe package first and foremost.

We were thinking either:

(1) the 6.2L LSA (556hp) (to keep the cars in the Cadillac vein)

or

(2) the 6.2L LS376 (525hp) (for great power to $ value)

for our cars (unless you have a motor you were leaning toward instead, both would need a dry sump system fit), thoughts? :huh:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The LSA will NOT fit......no room and the intake must be rotated...Normally aspirated only...and yes they must be dry sumped to live.

Roman]Price: $42,995.00 [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

This is as close to a real LMP car as you can get without the crazy price tag of seq. transaxles and carbon tubs..
I have all the suspension geometry from the original cars , along with all the aero components.....and these are what we have replicated

As you can see the spec of some of the components in the kit, it really shows that this will be a true race car(zero street car option)...bladder/Penskes etc...come on boys its time to go fast....really really fast
[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Fran
after watching the so hight level quality you involve in your parts it's really amazing how you are able to have such a so good price for such cars !!!!!

As you know being involve in LPM fabrication I can give some figure here for your US customers to compare to real budget for a non too much sophisticated but modern LMP 1 :

600.000 euros !! to built one ( in a batch of 4 ) and no engine ( they where only rented due to the so hight cost of buying one !!!)

But if we compare track result ; your new project will not be 5 times slower than our pricy beasts !!!!

It's time for "Rule " people and ACO management to have a look of what can be done to slow down this crazy race to million when safe and reasonable price cars can be made ( just watch there !!!)
They did LPM 2 on purpose ; Pfffft result ..... similar buget !!!!

One of your great man one day say ; I have a dream......
Me too .... LOL
Any one want to enter an RCR on Le mans 2014 , I organize all, Ha Ha ha

Seriously am very very curious to know what will be time lap for a Superlite ( le mans equipped) there on the 13.6 km track ??????
Surely qualified !!!!:stunned:

You US customers are so luky !! so enjoy this new project ... will follow first build thread of these attentivly :thumbsup:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
This Lmp will be safe as much as a roof covered car

If flipping it over on pavement, it would be close to a roofed car.
Put it over in sand, gravel, soft ground with debris and you are in an entirely different league... Been there and done that...

Safety in race cars - sometimes an oxymoron eh?

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Holy cow, Fran.

I have been watching your products just keep getting more and more desirable.....now this!

You may want to consider some sort of qualification from buyers - as in proof of competition licensing! After all you are doing what in the aviation business would be the equivalent of selling F-18's for $200K.......

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Pat,

I have that and other issues covered in my purchase agreements already...but thanks for the thought and the concern.....another reason its a track car only

I don't remember the name, but it's a GM concept from the 90s. It was powered by a four cylinder (of some type) and was able to do over 200 mph while obtaining pretty good mileage.

It was either a Pontiac or an Oldsmobile. I remember seeing it at a car show when I was 14 or so (early 90s).

Edit: Oldsmobile Aerotech

Edit 2: There were a couple different versions; short tail and long tail. It did over 250mph with a GM Quad 4 engine. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Aerotech

I have not run across any pictures of the first car in the above post (57) showing how the radiators are positioned. Very curious, anyone have a picture of that?

I have not run across any pictures of the first car in the above post (57) showing how the radiators are positioned. Very curious, anyone have a picture of that?

Big hip vents- kinda like a certain SLC...:laugh:

Look closely at the pic- the color of the car and the angle obscure the vents.

Now if we could just Fran to make one of these for everyone. hehehe

Erik

Attachments

• audi-r18-e-tron-quattro-hybrid-race-car-unveiled-photos-and-specs_4.jpg
    audi-r18-e-tron-quattro-hybrid-race-car-unveiled-photos-and-specs_4.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 621
Back