Allen English RCR40 Turn Key Build

Thanks guys.

I pretty stoked about the car. I went to DMV yesterday and got my Title and Registration done. The car now has the cool new Oregon Pacific Wonderland Plates like back in the early 1960's.

This is what they look like.
pacific_wonderland.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very nice Allen! :thumbsup:

What was that music you selected? Cool tunes..

I want to hear more of that engine someday!!! :)

I contacted Lynn Miller here on the forum for a Vin plate last week and it turned out great!

Here is a Photo of it installed with my Vin # laser printed on it.

VinPlate.jpg

Allen,

Nice car, it sounds and looks great.

I am running the same intake from Dynatek. I noticed the throttle sensor has been moved from the back of your left throttle body, where did RCR put it?

Can you post a picture?

Loved the vids...and the pics! :laugh::laugh:

Thanks,
Howard

Mike,
Not to steal anything from the thread, but if you watch the papers for a dealership closing/auction, you can pick one up for around $600. Then you have to disassemble it and get it home.

Bill

Allen,

Nice car, it sounds and looks great.

I am running the same intake from Dynatek. I noticed the throttle sensor has been moved from the back of your left throttle body, where did RCR put it?

Can you post a picture?

Loved the vids...and the pics! :laugh::laugh:

Thanks,
Howard

Hi Howard,

It looks like they moved the sensor to the front right carb/injector.

Hey Allen,

What lift brand/model is that? Would you recommend it?

Mike

Hi Mike,

The lift is called The Complete Lift/model # SL 10,000 CSP. I love it for working on cars.

I bought it from a local company a few years ago for $1,700. With all of the dealerships going out of business I imagine you could find a good used one cheap as said earlier.

Here is a link for it 4 Post Lifts | Four Post Vehicle / Automotive / Car / Truck Lifts, Above Ground Garge Lifts, Alignment Lifts

Well I started thinking about heat protection for the fiberglass above the exhaust and this is what I am looking at.

Lava heat shield mat

Made from crushed volcanic rock, our Lava Mat™ has all the same benefits as our HP Heat Shield Mat with that trick carbon fiber look! Don't be tricked by the fool’s gold! This outperforms that gold foil vinyl sticker stuff by reflecting 70% more radiant heat. This heat shield insulator helps to reflect radiant heat away to provide an air box heat shield or a heat shield barrier for your carbon fiber or fiberglass hood. Our Lava Mat™ can also be laid on a fire wall to shield radiant heat and give your vehicles that trick carbon fiber look. Our Lava Mat™ withstands 1200°F direct continuous and 1800°F intermittent.

I am not sure how good this stuff is yet. If I do order it I will let you know how I like it. At least from what they say it sounds like it will do the job and it's adhesive backed also. Hopefully it will stick and hold good.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good find Allen..
You might want to add a post to the section where we were discussing various heat shields!

---

How are you coming on preparing for your first racing event?
-
Got the Registration and Insurance going on her so you can legally drive on the freeways?

Allen, here is a pic with the lava mat on. I think it takes up to 1200c. Dunno how it works, haven' gotten my engine started yet. Prettty easy to put on, takes 2 people. you will get a few creases but i think it looks cool. carbon fiber-ish.

Attachments

• insulation.JPG
    insulation.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 313
Back