Allen English RCR40 Turn Key Build

I have a few things to do before I can take it to the dyno, but once I do, I will take a video of it. I also need to put my numbers on it and decide exactly which decals I want on the car from my multiple purchases at Raceline Digital. I will have several decals left over, so if anyone is looking for sponsor stickers I will have some available at a discounted price. I will list what I didn't use later.

Here are a couple more pictures that Don took. See more in the Cascade Cobras Gallery at Cascade Cobras

Me giving my car its first bath, due to the car above being jealous and taking a leak on it.:veryangry:

_L0W0001.jpg

_L0W0008%7E0.jpg

Allen I'm coming over and squeeze my big 340 lbs 6'6' ass in the car. so keep that hose handy, might have to wet me up to get me out.. Visual picture just made me throw up a bit.

I'm extremely jealous - Not only do you have your car ready to run but you have a GREEN lawn. It'll be the better part of 2 months before I see my lawn again! We now need a video with SOUND! .....and soon.

Er, Allen, have you noticed that you've put the steering wheel on the wrong side? Apart from that, fantastic car! Is that a door stay for holding the door open, or limiting its swing?

Dalton

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Okay - Suitably drooling all over my keyboard here... :thumbsup:

You are a very lucky man!!!!

Good job in Specing the car and Great job in execution Fran!

Now - what "personal" touches come next?

I seem to recall a special shifter knob.. Maybe a horn button?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Allen, it's a shame you have to live in such a slum, AND drive such a shabby car. You poor chap. I feel deeply for you. It makes me want to move out there, just to help you out. ;)

You guys crack me up! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well before the sound video will happen I need to repair this little gem. :sad:

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay - Suitably drooling all over my keyboard here... :thumbsup:

You are a very lucky man!!!!

Good job in Specing the car and Great job in execution Fran!

Now - what "personal" touches come next?

I seem to recall a special shifter knob.. Maybe a horn button?

Wood knob is on the car.

Steering wheel will be different.

Numbers added soon from raceline digital.

Shell decals from raceline digital.

Real inspection decal under the rear bonnet.

Label dash.

Inspection decals for roll bar. (If I can get them made)

I have a couple other details I want to ad, but that will have to come later.

Oh - Pay off the balance of the loan to pay Fran for the car......

I should have been born rich instead of good looking.:laugh:

Kudo's to Fran and the guys that worked on my car. They did an awesome job, also Liz & I couldn't be happier with the way our car turned out. A big plus is the fact that Fran was easy for us to deal with, talk to and he took care of our little details and changes along the way.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
you guys crack me up! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well before the sound video will happen i need to repair this little gem. :sad:

attachment.php

hmmm... Looks like a bit of a seal leak and the lock-nut on the neutral gate cable has backed off... Dang...

Send me a pm and let me know what decals you're not going to use - i may be interested in them...

whoops! I went and accidentally edited your post.. I fixed it... BAD-Moderator... Now go sit in the corner!!!!

I actually had a chance to look over the car a little better today. It really is nice. RCR did some trick stuff for me and I will try and do a walk around video tomorrow if the weather co-operates and point some of the details out along the way.

I managed to put a couple sponsor decals on the car today and I labeled the dash switches to. Then I Installed a new steering wheel and center hub that looks much closer to the correct wheel used in the day. In the future I think that I will remove the carpet from the back cabin wall and install an aluminum wall over the Dynamat and paint in a satin black.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a vin I.D. plate? I honestly would have preferred one with the RCR logo on it, but one like the old J.W. plates would also be fine.

Thanks

Ron McCall

Supporter
I actually had a chance to look over the car a little better today. It really is nice. RCR did some trick stuff for me and I will try and do a walk around video tomorrow if the weather co-operates and point some of the details out along the way.

I managed to put a couple sponsor decals on the car today and I labeled the dash switches to. Then I Installed a new steering wheel and center hub that looks much closer to the correct wheel used in the day. In the future I think that I will remove the carpet from the back cabin wall and install an aluminum wall over the Dynamat and paint in a satin black.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a vin I.D. plate? I honestly would have preferred one with the RCR logo on it, but one like the old J.W. plates would also be fine.

Thanks

Talk to Fran about the VIN plate. He has the RCR version.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
looking great allen..looks like spring has hit you guys already.

The 18month wait since you paid out money must have felt like forever but can see its all worthwhile now
regards

Back