Anyone out there still riding motorbikes.

Not sure what exactly the Rossi's boyfriend remark was supposed to mean, apart from displaying some bizarre bigotry. Assuming for the moment it's true, it affects the situation how?

Tim.

I don't understand your comment Marcus, Why is Marquez a Cu*t? Who went off his race line and kicked Marquez off his bike in the previous race? Not the first time Rossi has played up either.
Rossi is the one with the boyfriend waiting in the pits after each race!
Just my 2cents worth.
Would be good if Casey Stoner came back to sort them all out!
Cheers, Gus.

Forgot to include the quote in my post above.

Tim.

Keith

Not sure what exactly the Rossi's boyfriend remark was supposed to mean, apart from displaying some bizarre bigotry. Assuming for the moment it's true, it affects the situation how?

Tim.

I think that's why he likes living in the UK Tim... :cool:

I have no idea if he's gay, don't care either. I just fail to see its relevance.
I confess I am a little lost by your comment Keith, is the guy English?
I am not really a driver/rider fan (the machinery is far more interesting to me) so I don't know much about their personal lives.

Tim

Keith

Haha no Tim although he is an Anglophile, and he has always liked living in the UK because he gets left alone and gets to live his life in relative privacy, unlike his native Italy and God forbid, Spain!

I am no MM fan, although he is has the most raw talent of anyone on the grid right now.

Rossi is no angel and a matter of fact has been a bit of an embarrassment to persons who value the history of the sport and sportsmanship itself. Personally, I lost whatever respect I had for him when he ran Gibernau WAY off the line on the last corner, last lap in Spain years ago. To run your competitor to the outside edge of the track (mid corner) the last corner, the last lap in his own country for the sake of ONE more win was pathetic, and hugely so for a NINE time world champion.

Even if I would have liked to see an "old guy" win the MGP championship, if certainly won't cause me any loss of sleep to know he didn't.

All the celebratory props after the races are a bit of a clown show that is best left for the guy who looks the part.

After reading this thread back I think I get the boyfriend remark - it was because of the pictures Marcus posted of Marquez?

I certainly don't think Rossi is an angel but on the whole I can't see why he is an embarrassment. I am afraid I don't remember all the names but I remember superbike riders with wigs and other props before Rossi took it a step further in motogp. I remember one rider - Anthony Gobert possibly - that took all his gear and threw it into the crowd, leaving him standing in his underpants.
All good fun IMO.
If that's the embarrassing stuff then I disagree, I think sports can become too stuffy.

If it's to do with occasionally pushing too far in his effort to win then he is hardly alone and IMO his hands are cleaner than some other riders that are regarded highly.

Beyond that I have no idea, as stated before I am not interested in following riders beyond their on track performance.

Tim.

I also remember a super bike race where a rider, Haga in South Africa possibly, was being shaded by a grid girl in a body painted costume. Ah the good old days. :)

Tim.

Correct Tim, no bigotry, reaction to the poor taste of the photo shopping posted.....with respect, I disagree with your traction control comment too.
Nuff said on this.
Cheers, Gus.

:D
12115468_826332244159297_1499393855677875430_n.jpg

Much as I like the look of the Speed Triple as recommended by Glenn and Ron. I really love the look of this and suspect it is more appropriate for my riding level of skill.

Don't think I could stretch to one of the new ones coming out soon, shame as they seem to have addressed all the failings of the old one if all the hype proves to be correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDIvurcdG0I

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 181
Back