Anyone out there still riding motorbikes.

Glenn M

Supporter
Appears to be fine for driving from bar to bar, as long as the bars aren't more than a couple miles apart.

I'm with you on that Ron, I just can't do the sports bike position anymore. Mind you it might be good for the ride back from the bar - plenty of support for laying flat out!

Ron Earp

Admin
I wouldn't mind having one of those Bro Superiors around to hop on though.

Honda is has launched some game changing tech in motorcycles:

http://world.honda.com/motorcycle-picturebook/DCT/

I suspect this time around it'll catch on. Not my cup of tea, but it's hard to ignore that there are many advantages in the system and they'll employ those cleverly in the forthcoming Africa Twin. The system already exists in the NCX700.

Glenn M

Supporter
Not my cup of tea either Ron. Personally, I don't like flappy paddle technology in cars so there is no way I'd want it on my bike. IMHO it detracts from the driving experience and involvement - I want to twist the grip and do the throttle blip on down changes myself, not some ECU, likewise, heel and toe in the car.
However, as you say, it will probably catch on this time. That, along with ABS, is probably all part of the grand plan to make biking 'safer.'

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thought of one of our esteemed members when I saw this, so I had to post -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 259
Preparation for Valencia track day. Unfortunately those Öhlins forks are notorious for worn out O rings.

Attachments

• 1098_Prep_3.jpg
    1098_Prep_3.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 1098_Prep_4.jpg
    1098_Prep_4.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 1098_Prep_2.jpg
    1098_Prep_2.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 1098_Prep_5.jpg
    1098_Prep_5.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 233
There is a track day at Spa coming up (quickly!) that I will be in town for (very last minute trip).

I am hoping to beg borrow or steal (rent actually) a good 600+ cc trackbike for that day.

Any of you guys have a connection or suggestion to help a retired racer check off a 'bucket list' item?

Marcus?

PM Me, Thanks! :helmet:

Back