Anyone out there still riding motorbikes.

Keith

200 hp? :eek:

That's completely nuts.

And anywa it's not quite the same, whilst you may have "Handled" 4x RB211's, you were hardly straddling them at the time...

Not sure if they still ride or not but I liked the story :)

Saw this at the Stafford Classic bike show, it is a 1951 Condor motorcycle, when new it was exported to Brazil where it remained the only transport for it's first owners until the 1990's when they had saved up enough to buy a 2CV. It's first owners were a convent alot of nuns rock.

Not sure if they still ride or not but I liked the story :)

Saw this at the Stafford Classic bike show, it is a 1951 Condor motorcycle, when new it was exported to Brazil where it remained the only transport for it's first owners until the 1990's when they had saved up enough to buy a 2CV. It's first owners were a convent alot of nuns rock.

Sorry picture failed to load first time

Attachments

• WP_20151018_10_03_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151018_10_03_34_Pro.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 258

Keith

Haha Marcus.. bloody Northerners. He said "Trip hazard".

'Elf & Safety innit... :)

I love BSB. Far more exciting than Moto GP...:thumbsup:

Glenn M

Supporter
Went up to see the Historic racing at Donington last weekend, and taking into account the state of the M1 (roadworks etc), I decided that the Speed Triple would be the best mode of transport. About 350 mile round trip, and as it is SO warm here at the moment, I bit the bullet and bought a woosie electrically heated jacket liner.
Bloody hell! What a bit of kit! fantastic!
I left very early in the morning but was as warm as toast all the way there. I wish I'd bought one years ago!
And it was a great days racing too!

Attachments

• Speed triple.jpg
    Speed triple.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 220
Went up to see the Historic racing at Donington last weekend, and taking into account the state of the M1 (roadworks etc), I decided that the Speed Triple would be the best mode of transport. About 350 mile round trip, and as it is SO warm here at the moment, I bit the bullet and bought a woosie electrically heated jacket liner.
Bloody hell! What a bit of kit! fantastic!
I left very early in the morning but was as warm as toast all the way there. I wish I'd bought one years ago!
And it was a great days racing too!

Hi Glenn,

Sorry for the thread drift but I would appreciate your advice. Work is moving into the centre of Manchester in 18months, another 10 miles and I can’t do a 20 mile bicycle ride these days, so was thinking of getting a bike.

Last bike a few years ago was a 955i Daytona but again due to age and the fact that I am not a very good rider, think I need a more relaxed riding position so have been looking at the mid nineties Bonneville’s Legends etc helps that they say they will do 60mpg.

However, looking at your speed triple it also looks a more upright riding position than a full sports bike, or am I deluding myself. :)

Glenn M

Supporter
Hi Nick
I quite agree, I find the sports bike position impossible nowadays. You are not delusional, the Speed Triple does indeed have an upright position. It is, IMHO, a fantastic road bike - comfortable, reliable and very torquey. Definitely worth a test ride.
I'm not sure what the MPG is, I just fill it up, but I don't think it would be in the 60's - it is a 1050cc after all. MPG in the 40's is probably more realistic, I'm sure google would reveal all.
I am really pleased with it though, so much so that we own two - Tammy has one too!

Attachments

• Tammy.jpg
    Tammy.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 204

Ron Earp

Admin
Great pic! The Speed Triple is a delightful machine and a good do-it-all bike. I swapped my buddy for his a few years ago and had a blast.

Ron Earp

Admin
If you want more upright, useful, and Triumph, then I'd got Tiger. Awesome bikes. Had one of those a long while back and it was great. A bit less hooligan than the Speed and better for long trips.

triumph-tiger_key_6.jpg

Back