Anyone out there still riding motorbikes.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
There is now the Panigale R as well as the Panigale Superleggera. Don't tell Marcus. He will throw his toys out of his pram.

Keith

Yes, that's interesting. OK on the PC but not the iPad...

That looks like a great place to "sniff" around. I love the smell of oil, petrol, hot metal, leather and fear.., :)

PS I wonder if Marcus is getting, er, moist? :stunned:

Keith

Local Italian Bike/Food Event in Lymington.

One of the benefits of living down here is that we are betwixt Sammy Miller's Motorcycle Museum and the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu.

Quite apart from the Forest being a nice place to visit & drive, we always get many interesting visitors to the town in organised events. We recently had an Italian Car/Food event, but I wasn't that interested in modern Ferraris, but I made the efort to the Bike Event yesterday, taking the mobile Death Bed 2 as a camera car.. :laugh:

I do not know a lot about bikes, but I know if I was ever going to buy another one, it would be a classic Italian...

For what it was worth, this lot were on the High St yesterday lunchtime...

Lovely bikes, the MHR 900 and the Jota 1000 are among my alltime favourites. Thank you for posting :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I could never participate in any classic bike meeting as I´ve fitted a traction control:

Attachments

• Traction_Control.jpg
    Traction_Control.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 170

Keith

Funnily enough I was attracted to the Jota too. Timeless quality. Ref your "traction control." A Ducati biker behind me decided to go for a spin around the block obviously with trac cont switched out along with brain. I was proceeding in an Easterly direction on Mobile Death Bed 2 (you remember, the lunch wagon) and I heard a sickening crunch. I looked around, and he had tried to bike off with the stand down!!

Much fairing damage. I am not a believer in schadenfreude and I believe the poor dude had suffered quite enough embarrassment already without me spreading his 'achievement' all over the internet, so no photos..

Keith

Those 6 cylinder Hondas were mental. It's a great sound and very refined and I believe that is because straight 6's are almost perfectly in natural balance (at least according to BMW)..

For ultimate toe curling & eye watering though, try a Laverda V6 for a kind of 'ripping silk' type noise.

Unfortunately 'unobtanium' today.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
As I write, Marcus is about 120km on the Italian side of Innsbruck en route for home in
Weil-in-Schonbuck near Stuttgart. He has something rather special in his rear view mirror,
strapped down on a trailer. Its an ex Ducati factory new Ducati Panigale 'R' that he is going to use on his track days. I'm sure he will post some pictures tomorrow as he still has about 5 hours to home. How brilliant is that.

Now that the DUCATI family is complete, it´s about time to refocus on the Lola project although I´m still waiting for vital suspension parts which I had already payed for last December :thumbsdown:

The Panigale made its debut in my garage, many many thanks to Dave for arranging things behind the scenes...here are some pics (also thanks to Keith for resizing!):

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 165
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 153

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
In spite of various warnings (fom Davide and Luigi) I am thinking of
the Panigale in 2016. After all, if I can handle 4 RB211's at a time, a
200 hp should be a doddle.