Aussie RCR T70 capers

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bring her on over and we have some fun.....:stunned:...Denis says get her over to his shed and he will get some paint on her for you too....

Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Whilst changing the oil today I discovered a unique feature of the LS Chev motors -- the sump plug has a magnet in it -- presumably to capture Ford shrapnel:quirk:--and thankfully there wasn't any

Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Its the Camaro sump, Jac :blank:
I think the magnetic plug is a great innovation --its sticks to the hoist arm instead of falling to the floor

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Full scrutiny and audit done -- we now have competition log book --SCO 2A
(sports car open , category 2 A ) -- a is for "prototype"-- b Marque, c clubman, etc
Some more shake down comp this w'end at MP, Historics as invited entry

Looks like heaps of fun

Does this means that you are now eligible for the PSCRAA 1 hr race at Morgan Park in September ?

Iain

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Learning to drive at Morgan Park --set a respectable lap time while harbouring a broken disc rotor -- nothing nice to say about those P.O.S Willwood (nascar ) rotors -- they're no more than a one race wonder and you'd be fortunate with that, Piece of effing SHIT!! :veryangry:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
This is what I was talking about :-

Attachments

• 2011 historics 001 (Small).jpg
    2011 historics 001 (Small).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 601

Ron Earp

Admin
This is what I was talking about :-

That's a crack.

I'm pretty sure they are not NASCAR rotors, but they are very popular asphalt roundy round brake setups. We've not had one crack or show signs of cracking and we have probably a good solid 12-13 hours of track work with them.

Bad manufacturing batch?

Flatchat,
I was thinking about replacing the front rotors on my RCR40, and asked Fran about the Wilwood gt rotors as they looked a little more heavy-duty. He said that is what he uses on his racecar. I looked them up, and I think they were 130-150 usd retail. Might be an option, Scott

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
I have WW part # 160-0483 and I need at least 160-6902 / 3B GT40s --balanced and bedded as a min. --probably your suggestion, Scott Tx

My racer mates tell me there'se an ARP equivalent thats heaps better and am looking at a local DBA 5000 series to adapt

So, what are you running then Ron?

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Yep, thats them :thumbsup:

:laugh: in the "other" cars - guess we had more time between heavy braking but with this thing the time is a lot less .

Crappy production / design / choice , kinda sets your confidence level back a bit --until we find something that can handle the pace

Back