Boston Marathon

Well, with all respect to all that have fallen for freedom, fallen for anybodyś right to live, and still are falling for freedom, please take a look in the real world and see what the warmongers of all country s are doing to the good and brave, people get killed because off money and greediness,
just a big shame, and attitude as USA USA is not going to change that, i am very sorry and concerned for that, and for you all, and you can keep your picture of the graves of the brave fallen fathers,
i am proud for you that they have been here and there, but the USA nowadays has nothing to do with that o so beloved USA from that times.
This is from the heart, from the netherlands and yes i am yewish.

Pat

Supporter
Don't you realize that there are more than enough people to dislike in the world already without you putting in so much effort to give us another?

If you think Iraq and Kuwait were better off under Saddam Hussein, Afghanistan under the Taliban and the Netherlands under Hitler, you really are sadly misinformed... You lead a privileged life born and raised under a NATO shield that is underwritten by young American and British men and women who are willing to run to the fight instead of away from it to defend your whiney ass. The US and its allies liberated the Netherlands and left it, the US and its allies liberated Iraq and left it, liberated Kuwait and left it and we are in the process of liberating Afghanistan and will leave it to its self-determination. You want to denigrate the death of innocents in Boston because you buy into the continental stereotypes of what Americans are and are not. You think you are immune from terrorism and it is not your problem or worry. But wait; just a month ago The Netherlands raised its alert level for terrorist attacks to "substantial", citing among other things a radicalization of Dutch youth. I hope and pray your innocents are not the victims of the types of horrors inflicted in Boston.
Haters gotta hate I guess but we have a saying over here that “people in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks. “

Exactly, you are misinformed, no big deal.
I just feel sorry for the good american people,
as i said before, ¨attitude¨ !!

lets go back to carwars on track, so we keep our kids save !
Bauermann.

Pat

Supporter
And you were in Iraq when??? Afghanistan when??? Kuwait when ???? On the East German/Czech border when??? On the Korean DMZ when???
You apparently supported Saddam Hussein murderous regime in Iraq and Kuwait, likewise Afghanistan under the Taliban and the Netherlands under Hitler.
But don't worry, you still have Kim Jung Un, Assad and Ahmadinejad to root for.

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Jim, I don't agree with you at all. The last time a Dutchman did anything of any consequence over here was when Peter Minuit bought Manhattan Island for $24 from the local Indians. If you can show me the cemetery where all the Dutch folks who died defending this country are, I'd like to see it.

Does Bauermann have a right to say this kind of stuff? Oh, probably. It isn't as if he's yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. But a terrorist attack, regardless of where it comes from or who did it, is despicable and contemptible, and likewise kicking people when they're down is just about the same thing.

Mr. Bauermann has established his credentials as a perfect asshole shitting perfect turds. I wish they'd stuck him in time out a hell of a lot longer. If that gets me time in time out, it will be well worth it, let me only say. I've been told to shut up before, I'm a big boy. Unlike some folks I could name, mentioned elsewhere in this post.

In centuries past, the Dutch tied brooms to the mastheads of their ships to symbolize their clean sweep of the Western ocean. Mr. Bauermann needs a broom as well, just in a different place.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jimbo,

There is no doubt that this guy either has no understanding of how the world works or he is trying to start an argument....... be a troll. Probably a little of both.

Either way for a new guy with no apparent connection to GT40s or cars, I think he is a low life troll.

Now this guy makes rude, unfounded and untrue attacks on our counrty, says we are the worst thing in the world...............we are hypocrites, he calls us war mongers and says we need to change our attitude, then he feels sorry for us............on and on..........

But really, can anyone tell me how is that different from what Mr Fechter has been doing for years? The only difference is his rude, unfounded, untrue and quite frankly much more vicious attacks are aimed at Democrats and liberals, not America in general.

I personally think that Mr Fechter and this Dutch Jerk are virtualy the same, the worst type of on line trash.

So can anyone tell me why is there an instantanious, outraged, negative reply to this unfounded, inacurate, unfair attack, but Mr Fechter has been allowed to do the same thing for years, with much support, I might add from many of the newly outraged members?

It kind of makes you wonder.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jimbo,

There is no doubt that this guy either has no understanding of how the world works or he is trying to start an argument....... be a troll. Probably a little of both.

Either way for a new guy with no apparent connection to GT40s or cars, I think he is a low life troll.

Now this guy makes rude, unfounded and untrue attacks on our counrty, says we are the worst thing in the world...............we are hypocrites, he calls us war mongers and says we need to change our attitude, then he feels sorry for us............on and on..........

But really, can anyone tell me how is that different from what Mr Fechter has been doing for years? The only difference is his rude, unfounded, untrue and quite frankly much more vicious attacks are aimed at Democrats and liberals, not America in general.

I personally think that Mr Fechter and this Dutch Jerk are virtualy the same, the worst type of on line trash.

So can anyone tell me why is there an instantanious, outraged, negative reply to this unfounded, inacurate, unfair attack, but Mr Fechter has been allowed to do the same thing for years, with much support, I might add from many of the newly outraged members?

It kind of makes you wonder.

So far in this thread which is about a terrible terrorist attack you have attacked two people who disagree with your political views. This IMHO should not be a thread for point scoring against people who disagree with you.
Once more I say have some sensitivity for the people who were effected by this tragedy and use other threads for point scoring.
Bauman is indeed a wanker and has insulted your country and its Allies which includes me, he is nothing like Lonsesome, who's crime is disagreeing with your views.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
For reasons I don't understand - the infraction penalty for Bauermann did not take hold immediately and that is being looked into.
Lets please get back to somewhat civilized discussion gentlemen..
Thank you.

Pat

Supporter
Great point Randy and you're absolutely correct. The thread should focus on the Boston tragedy and the lives impacted by it.
Sorry for contributing to the drift. I let my outrage get the better of me.
Thanks for setting us straight.

Keith

When I was grossly insulted by a forum member because a relative had his grave desecrated, and then quoted "I reviewed that thread and had a laugh" not even two weeks ago, nobody cared much about that did they?

Perhaps because I am not an American.

Be careful you don't adopt double standards here.

I am not at all sure that Mr B should have been banned given that Engrish is not his native language and it perhaps came across wrong - after all, he is only expressing what many people worldwide probably feel. By failing to deal with that reality, it only reduces the likelihood of engaging with that viewpoint (however "incorrect" it may or may not be) and doing something about it.

And that will surely only result in an ever widening gulf of perception and pour more fuel on the extremist fires.

However, I do believe it was extremely insensitive of Mr B to post on this particular thread and I apologise for continuing the disrespectful thread drift. If someone wants a piece of me over what I have just written, please start a new thread.

According to our lunch time news, they appear to have identified one of the miscreants that placed a rucksack on the route. Hope they will find him soon..

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
... right or what's left of him in the dustbin. One can only hope.

Jim, this isn't about Fechter, give it a rest, okay? Or whatever his name is.

I would describe the medical personnel on site as heroes, but honestly this is just what they do every day; just under more difficult circumstances. Maybe if doing your job as usual under circumstances like that is heroism, they ARE heroes.

After all, they had no way of knowing at the time that there were only two bombs, did they? for all they knew, there was a third one to go off any moment. But they all ran towards the victims, not away from them. Maybe that does define heroism.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
IT was pretty amazing to see all the footage of people running TOWARDS the blasts.

We can snipe and take pot shots at each other but when the shit hits the fan, Americans/Brits/Aussies/Kiwis/Canucks all seem to pull together and do the right thing.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
IT was pretty amazing to see all the footage of people running TOWARDS the blasts.

True.. What a lot of people don't realize though is that running toward the explosion is usually safer than running away...
Terrorists will set up explosions in crowded areas to not happen simultaneously, but staged to wait for more people to be running towards the secondary blasts.

We can snipe and take pot shots at each other but when the shit hits the fan, Americans/Brits/Aussies/Kiwis/Canucks all seem to pull together and do the right thing.

Agreed!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I agree, but I don't think anyone was thinking that. I think they were running in that direction with the intention of helping injured folks. I hope I'm that brave when my time comes to do it.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I would venture to say that the two guys in the pictures released by the FBI, are good and properly fucked!

...but remember what happened to Richard Jewel (1996 Olympics bombing "suspect"). HE was pilloried by the press and the >FBI< BEFORE THE FACT as well ('tried' in the media), and look how that whole case turned out.

While I too hope the FBI has it RIGHT this time and these are the pukes responsible, I am not willing to rush to judgment right now based solely on what the FBI says is the case.

Maybe Bauermann should concentrate on keeping his finger in the dike. Had to edit this or I would have gotten a "point" too.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Bauermann should not be banned. He has a point to make and banning him is rather hypocritical and in a way only strengthens his viewpoint in other peoples perceptions. This is an open forum and banning him is a weak and almost petty act.

Back