Carbon GT mono

Urs

Supporter
We would paint the car , but we will let some points like letterings or stripes in sight carbon, we have also to do some changes for better fitting. But it was for testing how it could be and how we should place the layers for good looking.
We did a BMW 328 for a friend in full carbon and it really takes a lot of clearcoat
Slowly i can think about how we could do the painting for our Carbon 40.
Has someone some 3 side sights as dxf for try some paintjobs?
greetings from snowy switzerland.

Urs

Supporter
We also ordered the fuel tanks now from Continental in Germany. They build all kind of FIA approved foam filled Rubber fuel tanks. Each side has now around 56 liters.I dont know how many place the foam takes.
Greetings Urs

Normally it's commonly said that at first filling of new tank and dry foam 10/100 capacity of tank is not to be considere as usable in consuption calculation
In you case 5 liters more and less I guess
Hope this helps

We think about a naca outlet between the water cooler outlets.noch ne Frage zum lenkausschlag. Wieviele Grad bewegen sich bei dir die Vorderräder links und rechts im Grund?
Gruess us de schwiiz

Hey Urs

werde ich mal messen

THis is the only drawing i have to modify for paint schemes

TOM

Attachments

• tomsfordgt40_6.gif
    tomsfordgt40_6.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 454

Urs

Supporter
Thanks Tom

This evening i weighed the car. Until now we have 695 kg.

Greetings from switzerland

Urs

Supporter
Here some pictures of the shifting unit with the intergrated fuel selector.

Attachments

• IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 772
  • IMAG0287.jpg
    IMAG0287.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 626
  • IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 679
Dear Urs

nicely done BUT
puuh thats something think about. I would´nt want anymore fuellines than necesarry to be run in and out the passenger compartment. Just think about it. even if it is probably some aircraft switch and thus beeing constructed for safesty as well.
Would realy recommand to mount this fuelswitch on the rear firewall like on the original cars. Will also give you shorter lines, cleaner installation. less fuel pressure drop and its just much more safe.

Thanks
TOM

Urs

Supporter
Hello Tom
You always have the fuel selector between the seats on most of the sidebyside airplanes. we never had any problems with leaks on the screwed lines and also good pressure. I think its more dangerous , sitting between the two big fuel tanks.
The selector is also better reachable as on the backside of the driver , like it is original.

Greetings Urs

Urs
Effectivly I have same installation on my Dynamic ULM and it's safe ; it's right that watching all these pipes one can be affraid !!!
But that very very expensive (LOL) selector is an aerospace product 4 stars quality !!! and aluminium pipes when correctly done and tested are much more safe than any other circuit .
Urs all this stuff plus your carbon hubb seems to be now able to fly ! ha ha ha

Keep your good work !!

Urs

Supporter
Now i fitted the upper damper mounts on the chassis,
also the shifting unit is placed in car. The Pedal unit is also ready to mount.
Here some new pictures.

Attachments

• IMAG0298.jpg
    IMAG0298.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 734
  • IMAG0299.jpg
    IMAG0299.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 634
  • IMAG0300.jpg
    IMAG0300.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 748
  • IMAG0296.jpg
    IMAG0296.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 699

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Superb work as always..

The shifter and fuel controls look very nicely done, but very busy. I would dread having to take it apart to service a bad shifter cable.. Perhaps it would be easier to service than it appears.

Urs

Supporter
Superb work as always..

The shifter and fuel controls look very nicely done, but very busy. I would dread having to take it apart to service a bad shifter cable.. Perhaps it would be easier to service than it appears.

I heard some bad words while my father was working on it until it was finished ;) but now it works :)

Urs

Supporter
First time on the wheels :)

Attachments

• IMAG0301.jpg
    IMAG0301.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 1,798
  • IMAG0305.jpg
    IMAG0305.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 857

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
WOW!!!!! That looks really good!!!!

What's really funny is when you have been working on and looking at a car up on a platform for months, when you go to put them on the ground, it's like they will never stop going down-down-down.... :)

Urs

Supporter
Thanks its really great to see the car on his own wheels :)

Another question to the ride heights.
how much positive and negative movement do you have on your racetrack cars on the wheels? Thats a problem that we dont have on the aeroplanes ;)

We would like to organize de dampers, that we can give them the right lengths with also the weight on each damper.

Hallo Urs

postive / Negative split at least 50/50, even better 40/60. At the wheel i would say something like 2" - 3" positiv. Depending on your geometry. Would recommand to leave at least 25 -30% of that positiv travel as reserve for hard bumps.
On the rear your driveshaft angle and driveshaft slope limit could limit your negativ and positiv travel. Check what the available length change on your driveshafts are and go from there. This will define your maximum positiv and negative travel from basic ride height.

Find attached a chart i did for spring and swaybar rate definition.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=61587&d=1351771946

you just have to modify the yellow cells to your values and than you can go from there.

also check this tread

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tec...19-gt40-suspension-configuration-setup-2.html

my reco would be to have wheelrates front and rear in relation to your front to rear weight balance. on my car the wheelrates app match the total car weight. 540 lbs/inch front and around 660 lbs/inch rear = 1200 lbs x2 = 2400 lbs. with your cars weight around 1700 lbs the wheel rates could be lower ( app 390 lbs front and 460 lbs rear).

if you have any question just give me a call

THanks
TOM

Chris Kouba

Supporter
GORGEOUS!

attachment.php

I'll say this one more time- PLEASE don't paint that.

It's a shame to cover the chassis with bodywork. But if it has to have bodywork, it certainly looks the part. Fantastic looking creation!

Chris

Back