Carbon GT mono

Urs,
Having an aircraft background, I can really appreciate the quality of your work. Very impressive!

Your exhaust looks very similar to mine, double slips, V-band clamps, but no polish.... did Stainless Headers Inc, fabricate them for you?

Tom

Urs

Supporter
Urs,
Having an aircraft background, I can really appreciate the quality of your work. Very impressive!

Your exhaust looks very similar to mine, double slips, V-band clamps, but no polish.... did Stainless Headers Inc, fabricate them for you?

Tom

Hello thank you :)
Yes it is from stainless headers.
Greetings from switzerland and Happy new year

Urs

Supporter
All I can say is Wow, a serious amount of work you have done there.

So what aspect of aviation are you and your dad involved with. I myself fly, maintain and build aftermarket parts for Sukhoi aerobatic aircraft.

I respect what you have done, yet I think you're nuts knowing how much work is involved with that chasis.

Here is my own bird JetPhotos.Net Photo » N129TH (CN: 76-01) Vertical Xtreme Airshows Sukhoi Su-29 by Mike MacKinnon

Hello
we also have some sukhois On the swiss championchip. You fly On Nationals?
What Kind of parts Do you build?

Hello
we also have some sukhois On the swiss championchip. You fly On Nationals?
What Kind of parts Do you build?

No nationals for me, I have been thinking about it for the last 5 years but life keeps on getting in the way. I am Canadian so the Aerobatic scene here is different then in the USA. That being said I live in a area with very busy aerobatic community. In my Hanger there are two Sukhoi's and in the one next to me there are several Pitts planes, a Christian eagle, an acro 1, 2 super decathalons and several other planes too.

Parts I build.
I have done Titanium landing gear bolts that replace the stock pins for the upper gear attachment point for the 29's and 31's. Brake reservoir bladders are just rolling off the assembly line in the next month. A Cleveland brake conversion kit for the 29's and 31's, only one left. I also make an Automotive spark plug and wire conversion kit for the MP engines, that part is brilliant for the running of the engines. Not to mention you can now get sparkplugs that cost from $2 to $10 if you want irridium plugs.

I am Familiar with A 29 you have there N929SU.

Last edited:

Urs

Supporter
No nationals for me, I have been thinking about it for the last 5 years but life keeps on getting in the way. I am Canadian so the Aerobatic scene here is different then in the USA. That being said I live in a area with very busy aerobatic community. In my Hanger there are two Sukhoi's and in the one next to me there are several Pitts planes, a Christian eagle, an acro 1, 2 super decathalons and several other planes too.

Parts I build.
I have done Titanium landing gear bolts that replace the stock pins for the upper gear attachment point for the 29's and 31's. Brake reservoir bladders are just rolling off the assembly line in the next month. A Cleveland brake conversion kit for the 29's and 31's, only one left. I also make an Automotive spark plug and wire conversion kit for the MP engines, that part is brilliant for the running of the engines. Not to mention you can now get sparkplugs that cost from $2 to $10 if you want irridium plugs.

I am Familiar with A 29 you have there N929SU.
Hello
yes i know the guy who owns this one :) Its the pink one :)

Urs

Supporter
Here some new pictures of the rear construction and the door hinges.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 1,166
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 930
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 926
  • Image00008.jpg
    Image00008.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 901

Urs

Supporter
Now we get the gear shifter working :)
It s builded with machined and welded parts in a magnesium Box.
Works fine. Only sanding and painting is to do on the box.
here some pictures.

Attachments

• Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 635
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 658

Urs

Supporter
My father wants to drive this year ;) he works really a lot now on the car, also my mother helps me with laminating the carbon parts.
The Carbon 40 takes form :) :)
Some pictures of front section with oil thermostat ,Oil cooler, Oil filter, and water cooling and the oil cooler intake.

Attachments

• Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 697
  • Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 652

Urs

Supporter
Seats are taking form :)

Attachments

• 798144_10151412848703493_1982138316_o.jpg
    798144_10151412848703493_1982138316_o.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 820
  • 819209_10151412849338493_1334828335_o.jpg
    819209_10151412849338493_1334828335_o.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 678
I have been building bodyparts in composite for years an I can just take of my hat and tell you that this is a fantastik pice of work and skill.:builder::builder:

Urs

Supporter
We think about a naca outlet between the water cooler outlets.noch ne Frage zum lenkausschlag. Wieviele Grad bewegen sich bei dir die Vorderräder links und rechts im Grund?
Gruess us de schwiiz

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You aren't going to paint this car, are you, Urs? I would strongly advise against it. Not only will it look like other GT40s if it's painted, you will make it heavier. :)

The problem with not painting cf is that its a hell of a jobb having it visible. If you want to to have it visible al the fabric has to be in the right direccion and it's need a looooot of clear coat.. I use just to make some ditails visible as my are race car not for tunig shows.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I am not a fan of exposed Carbon Fiber myself. I would rather the body be painted. What the previous poster was saying is true about the orientation of the cloth and having to have a lot of clearcoat. Have you seen a Tuner Hood after it's been out in the elements for a few years? Looks terrible.

Urs

Supporter
We would paint the car , but we will let some points like letterings or stripes in sight carbon, we have also to do some changes for better fitting. But it was for testing how it could be and how we should place the layers for good looking.
We did a BMW 328 for a friend in full carbon and it really takes a lot of clearcoat
Slowly i can think about how we could do the painting for our Carbon 40.
Has someone some 3 side sights as dxf for try some paintjobs?
greetings from snowy switzerland.

Back