CAV109MONO Progress

Verrrry nice! With those flags, I take it that's the HQ?

I'm still waiting for the Webers and suspension mods from Ian, so, slow progress on my end. I installed a SPAL PWM auto controller for the larger 12" fans I retrofitted. Neat contraption, it's programmable for when the fans go on and off; and doesn't go off entirely. It will run 1 fan at 1/2 speed at the low temp. setting, then turn on full speed, then both fans when approaching the high temp setting. Then the reverse happens as the temps go down.

Cheers!
Ray

PS just left a VM on your cell re a brainstorm I had about CAV.

D

DavidTC

Steve
I may have missed it; but have you posted details of the drive train together with some pics ?
David

Hi Steve

Looking sooo good!

Your Raydot mirrors, where obtained, how is the rearview in that position, are the lenses flat??

106 Is finally mobile and will be in CA short while more.

Johann

Johann,

I got the mirrors from UK through Europaspares, they are flat lensed and look got on the car. The view is ace on the drivers side but not so hot on the offside (need to play a bit with it), opimal would be to move it back an inch or so but will live with the symmetry to aviod creating a teabag.

I think that the convexed mirror would be better but this does the job for me.

106 looking and sounding good! The drive is worth the wait

Cheers

Ray,

Sorry missed the phone call was n Gabon for a few days. Got your VM on return and like the brainchild, will call to discuss.

Cooling mods sound brill!

What about the new Cobra?

Talk soon

Steve

Good! I'd like to get your ideas on it.

Cobra? It is a beast. that BB460 with 500 horses and 525 lbs/ft toque will slip the 315/35/17 tyres in 4th! Scary. It had an automatic firebottle in the engine bay which I removed yesterday and put a 3 qt. Accusump in its place. Haven't plumbed it yet as I don't have the proper tools for Earl's fittings.

I paid GT40P1056 a visit and saw the restorer. He has promised me a swap ride if I let him look closely at the CAV. Imagine that! He's looking to "upgrade" to some of our mechanicals.

Cheers
Ray

Thanx Steve

Raydots have been my choice from go, and your positioning solved the "where" issue.
Will go convex. Have considered a-symmetrical...

Enjoy your rides, I'm still waiting.

Johann

Ray,
As promised some pics from the inside, sorry about the poor light.....

Attachments

• 78693-cabin1.jpg
    78693-cabin1.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 311
Very nice, Steve. Thanks.

I'm now inspired to take the trip to the upholstery expert in Hicksville. I'll print these to show them and get the patterns started.
Nice touch with the edge stitching too. Looks like you got baby food onto the lens on the last 2 shots... : )

Cheers!
Ray

Ray,

I would work with your own upholsterer on this as it will need some tailoring to your specific car. It is easier to handle the inside of the Spyder on the deck but not a real big problem.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on my photography efforts.....cant be babyfood yet! the wife is still XXL. Maybe this week!!!

Talk about luck........ordering the GT40 the week before we find out she was preggers!!!whew!!!!

Cheers

It's definitely warmer now and the trees and buds are starting to show their colors. So are the cars. I can tell it's been a long, albeit warmer than usual, winter. So a trip to the upholsterer is in order. Additionally, the more I drive the car, I'm getting really anxious to get Ian's suspension mod kit. I'm getting rubbing on the front of the rear wheel well, and it looks like not much adjustment left from what's there now.

I congratulate you in advance! A baby is one of life's greatest miracles.
Completing a CAV could be a close second, and congrats on that too, of course.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Back