Check out this LS intake!

Just found this while surfing online:
carbon-xr-ls7-intake-21.jpg

Products | Performance Design

This would look great on a high-end street or even race build SL-C!

This was just on display at the PRI show, too bad it wasn't at the SEMA show...

Caleb Newman the owner of PD is a pal and I have one of those at the shop...(we actually make all the billet mounts and TB/IAC mounts parts for it...)

There will be a more SLC friendly unit coming along in 2011

Lots of people.....and some I wont work with again .....

Its a sweet unit and is going to be reasonably priced in comparison to other ITB style systems..there are a few tweeks left to work out but its nicely done...

Wow, that sure is beautiful... are they Katech carbon rocker covers as well?

Fran, I think we should set up a game: "Does Fran know...", e.g. does Fran know anyone who works for Linwood Homes?

Nice one on the SL-C version, will finally make an LSx engine worth looking at :p ;)

Benji

I dont know about the valve covers...I know the unit was displayed at the Burns stainless booth..and it had some cool tube work ...

Ben,

I have a set of those CF valve covers on my LS7 and I do believe they came from Katech. Not cheap! But needed with my Jesel rocker arms.

Beautiful, for sure.

Just looking a little closer, I notice the slip fit headers. I have always been of the opinion that those were a "no-no" on an injected engine. Especially if they are BEFORE the O2 sensors, as it appears they would be on this engine.

Probably just something put together for the show, but it's little details like this that many times I just have to smile about. I live by the saying, "the devil is in the details", or lack there of in many cases. :)

SWEEET
But they wont fit under the back glass in that config.....ooohhhh ahhhh
Nice stuff, I'd love to see the one that will fit our car.

Alex,
I have "thought" about using the rear lexan as to make a mold for a solid rear and adding vents and bumps and scoops. Don't think I'll do it though, too far behind on the build as is.

Doc, it all comes around! The cameraderie and cooperation of our group of SL-C builders is unparalleled! Shared idea's and solutions for unique (and sometimes wierd)
problems "out of the box", are both fun and gratifying. My lack of real progress is more from battling old injuries (spinal, neck, knees) than actually working on the car. Doing much better now though, perseverance is the word!

But I will add a couple of NACA ducts or snorkels...just because...

I was reading a bit more yesterday about dual LS throttle bodies. (mostly in custom application likes a Marcellas intake)

Interesting concept - I never realized before just how restrictive the efi-FAST style intakes were for killing n/a power on the LS engine. (they can really hold it back at higher power levels)

However, what I found most interesting was that "everybody" agreed (again from sites like ls1tech) that for making n/a power you can't beat these guys for flow ..... looks like dinosaur tech will never loose :grinf:

34t8pw0.jpg

Back