Covid19 vaccine- report your progress

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Has my first Astra Zeneca yesterday, no side effects.
age 59 and in some parts of the country they are on to 40 to 50 age groupScotland is still playing catch up to the rest of the U.K.
The centre was manned by military, in my case from South Wales.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Jane and I are getting shot today, Age 65 and 70. Is it the right thing to do?

Look at it this way, Bill:
The currently known risks/consequences involved for people of our age who catch C-19 today faaaaar outweigh any possible UNknown 'unpleasantries' that MIGHT/MAYBE/POSSIBLY could develop 20 years down the road as a result of our having been vaccinated today.
To be blunt: odds are we'll be GONE before those "unknowns" can even come looking for us!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You sure Larry, my granny died at 106. My plan is loose my mind at 85 then hang around for a long time so I be a pain in the ass to everyone.

Well, I dunno...my Dad passed at 81...my Mom at 92...that being the case, I be thinkin' about 86 for me...so... :rolleyes:

(I'm already a PITB, so that's not even a goal for me!)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
A lady friend of mine had a breast removed a couple years ago due to cancer. She got the Moderna shot and thought nothing of it. The next day she started having issues with her breast like when her original cancer appeared. Scared to death, she immediately got into her cancer doctor. What they come up with is, that it was a reaction to the vaccine. About a week now, and she is fine and still cancer free. They were not able to explain the reaction, but that’s what they narrowed it down to.

This is very timely as we have a female friend of the family that’s had some similar issues in the past. She recently went in to her doctor at Mayo Clinic and she was asked if she had been vaccinated yet. She responded that she had not. They responded favorably as there may be some interaction between the vaccine and tissues that are being scanned. I was stunned. Your note is the only one I have read outside of what I just related here...
Sometimes we need to step back just a bit and admit that science is good, but not always perfect. Consult your physician if there are any questions or to see if you may need to reconsider / wait....
Thank you Brian!

This is very timely as we have a female friend of the family that’s had some similar issues in the past. She recently went in to her doctor at Mayo Clinic and she was asked if she had been vaccinated yet. She responded that she had not. They responded favorably as there may be some interaction between the vaccine and tissues that are being scanned. I was stunned. Your note is the only one I have read outside of what I just related here...
Sometimes we need to step back just a bit and admit that science is good, but not always perfect. Consult your physician if there are any questions or to see if you may need to reconsider / wait....
Thank you Brian!

I was wondering when this would come up in this thread. MERCK Co. is currently in phase 3 trials of what appears to be a successful antiviral for Sars CoV-2. If/when it gets approved (from what I’ve read it’s looking good), it’ll be a game changer considering the vaccines are less than a year old.

Had my jab last wednesday, one of the first to get it because im high risk etc, absolutely no side effects what so ever. go back for the booster in 3 months time.
kaspa

Ed McClements

Supporter
Second Pfizer jab last Thursday, in UK. No side-effects...haven't given it a second thought, to be honest. Sooner we reach 90% vaccinated the better for everyone...whether you're in the 90% or the remaining 10%.

not sure the non USA folks know what Publix is, a grocery store here in Florida. My pharmacist personally called me to let me know two folks had not arrived for their appointment and if I wanted, my wife and I could come in immediately. The store/pharmacy has been booked for weeks now. We went, both got the shot, zero pain, no effects yet....and I hope not at all.... and oddly I must say I am a bit relived. Tip, go ask the local place where ever you may be to call you if folks dont show and you will come immediately. If they do not use the shots that day, some must be destroyed, so 1 it helps to not waste and 2 it helps us all get to the track, in our loved one quicker.....

Scott t

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
TODAY my Mrs and I can go where ever we want...and we plan to do just that!

Yesterday marked 2 weeks exactly since receiving our second Pfizer shots, so, in accordance with plans, dinner with friends is scheduled for 5 p.m. tonight at our favorite local restaurant...which happens to overlook our local 'yacht' harbor (Marina del Ray it is not), the bay and the islands beyond.

Of course - naturally - today's weather forecast is for rain...just as it has been - unwaveringly - for 10 days now. The forecast has fluctuated for all the other days of the week - but not once for today. 'Frustrating...

Regardless, I have a fail-safe plan to keep the Mrs' attire 100% dry...which includes a spare pair of shoes for her to wear from the curb to the entryway - and back - if needed. As Ricky Nelson used to say, "I don't mess around, boy."

Stay safe, All... ;-)

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Thank you Brian!

Brian, Randy,

Unfortunately I have also a case of breast cancer in the family, do you know by chance if there is a preferred vaccine for cancer patients? Or do you have any related information like any links to Information on the web etc.?
Thanks in advance
Markus

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Markus, unfortunately I have nothing to scientifically back this up, but a lady friend of mine who had a double mastectomy 2 years ago December, recently had the Johnson & Johnson with no side effects. I don’t know if one is better than the other, because everyone is different, and could react differently from the vaccines.
Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.
Regards Brian

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Brian, Randy,

...do you know by chance if there is a preferred vaccine for cancer patients? Or do you have any related information like any links to Information on the web etc.?

We asked my wife's oncologist if it would be safe for her to get the shots.
>HE said< it'd be safe for her. (Pfizer in our case...but, I don't know if his answer would have VARIED with each specific brand.)

>Specifics< may matter(?) from case to case, so:
The Mrs had - >H-A-D< - the very slow growing, estrogen-dependent type. 'Caught it so EARLY that the radiologists didn't know if they were actually SEEING what they thought they were seeing ('was a 3-4 mm tumor...caught by a 3-D mammogram machine. We were told a standard machine probably would NOT have caught it). So, they called her back for more images from different angles and that's when they determined what was what.

The rest is quite literally 'history' now. She's d-o-n-e with it all. 'Medical fact (statistically) that there is a less than 5% chance of it coming back.

('Probably better NOT to believe the odd 'outlier' stuff that gets put out on the net on THIS or any other topic. (E.g.: if you take the shots you're get this-or-that affliction as a result.)

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Brian, Randy,

Unfortunately I have also a case of breast cancer in the family, do you know by chance if there is a preferred vaccine for cancer patients? Or do you have any related information like any links to Information on the web etc.?
Thanks in advance
Markus
Sorry Markus, I do not.
I would advise a call to the persons Oncologist or personal doctor that’s familiar with this persons situation..

Received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. Our local county health department is EXTREMELY organized. Easy and smooth affair, I was in and out in less than 20 minutes and 15 of that was spent sitting waiting to see if I had a reaction. No "direct" cost to us.

My wife being a teacher has already had both her doses of the Moderna vaccine. Vaccinating the teachers was also a very smooth process according to her.

Looking forward to life getting to the "new normal", whatever that ends up being!

Received dose number 2 of my Pfizer vaccine today. I had no major side effects from my first dose other than an extremely stiff neck that started a day later and lasted about a week. That started again today within minutes of dose #2. Hopefully no other side effects, time will tell.

Our daughter gets her shot of J and J at college this Friday. Her University is doing two mass vaccinations over the next two Fridays for anyone who signs up. So in the end, between my wife, daughter, and I we will have all three vaccine options tested.

Back