F1 in 2011

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bernie and and wet tracks are in the news again.

Why not take away the potential hazard of a suddenly wet track but keep the suspense....

-Random stop/go for one random car from each team.
-Each team to pull in a driver and whilst his tires are changed must run round the car 3 times singing their National Anthem
-cars are filled with a random quantity of fuel unknown to teams till cars on the grid (obviously have to bring back refuelling but that was a good thing i think)
-Ban all radio and telemetry. If the driver wants fuel because his low fuel light is on, has to wave at his pit as he speeds past and then that could lead to random fuel light activation levels across the grid bringing 'fuel light bingo' to F1, could make my wife a potential driver.
-Bernie has a big button on a chord around his neck. On a whim he can press it for a random car to mandatory pitstop. But then turn this into a revenue generator, "call the number on the screen if you want Alonso to be forced to pit, Calls cost £1.50 + your standard call charge..

This could also be the start of a new thread..Ron is a thread content copyrighted where rights are owed by the forum so we could sell the ideas to Bernie? That could fund the forum...

Anyone else with ideas whilst we wait for the season to start?

Maybe i've had too much coffee this morning

Organiser Driver changes
Both team cars must pit at the same time and drivers swap cars!
1) It will stop teams favouring a driver
2) It means the cars will be set up as general and not favour a "special" set up

I believe it will make the racing fairly interesting!

Ian

Anybody fancy a little bit of fun? This is sports result prediction game, basically a Fantasy F1 League

I have taken the liberty of creating a private pool "GT40s.com" (hope I'm not in trouble with Ron, if I am I will Destroy the pool and keep my ideas to myself)

SportGuru - Free F1 2011 Prediction Game

Pool name: GT40s.com
Pool code: tunadams

The rules are here
SportGuru - Free F1 2011 Prediction Game
but basically you get points for predicting top 10 drivers, top 3 drivers, fastest lap and winner nothing too technical.

There's a number of people active on this thread, thought this could add to the enjoyment and banter.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Looks as though the HRT team are about to call in the receivers. Engineers have gone unpaid for two months and five engineers have walked. I think the only thing that might save them would be Uncle Midget intervening.

Nobody wants to pit their prediction skills on F1 then. need to make your picks soon if you want points for the Melbourne GP

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It's quite difficult on the first couple of races - especially with these high wearing Pirelli tyres, I would not attempt to forecast this race. However, I will forecast Vettel to win the drivers championship 2011 yet again. But you heard this a long time ago on this forum anyway.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Kolle's HRT F1 team will keep the garage doors closed on Sunday morning. The Stewards in Melbourne refused to let them race as they were too slow - i.e. outside the 107% rule (which has been re-introduced for this season)
What a load of fun dragging a whole team and the equipment to Australia to be told your a 'has been'.

Vettel it may well be, however, I fear another boring season spotted with numerous mechanical/electrical failures.

It's great to see Mclaren and Red Bull so close this early in the season. This will make things a little more interesting between the two teams. Massa seems to be struggling.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Vettel's lap was amazing, interesting that neither red bull cars used Kers in qualifying.
My prediction for the race; Vettel and Hamilton take each other out on turn 1, Webber after several lead changes due to pit stops just pips Button for the win with Alonso third.
Sadly I agree with David, Vettel will be world champ again.:furious:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Although we don't have any hard and fast rule about displaying the results, I guess out of a sense of fair play, shall we never mention the results until a reasonable time has passed, and everyone who is interested has had a chance to look at their betamaxes or fangly recordy thangs and had a look for themselves?
Sure - it's dead easy to go to F1.com and find out anyway but lets now spoil it for
ourselves.
Any thoughts about a time and is it an OK idea?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Although we don't have any hard and fast rule about displaying the results, I guess out of a sense of fair play, shall we never mention the results until a reasonable time has passed, and everyone who is interested has had a chance to look at their betamaxes or fangly recordy thangs and had a look for themselves?
Sure - it's dead easy to go to F1.com and find out anyway but lets now spoil it for
ourselves.
Any thoughts about a time and is it an OK idea?

Totally agree Dave, I suggest no mention of results until the Tuesday after the race, or if its Quali, preface remarks that might give the result away with......SPOILER..... Then those that do not want to know need not read.

Back