F1 in 2014.

`Just home from watching the first race of the season. All I can say is It was one of the biggest disappointments I have had going to a race meeting.
Support races, Well who wants to see Mazda 3s being driven by celebs?
The GT3s were OK but no real passing.
Aus super cars, well Volvo won one race so we might have some variety this year.
then an hour and a half of Bulls**t after the last support race to the start of the F1.
The new cars are still just a procession after the first lap.
Value for money was not there in the merchandising.
In some ways the best part of the event was the Classic parade.

Keith

Well no wonder Ferrari was so off the pace in Australia!

Fernando had his flipping foot blocking the air intake!!!

Keith

Red Bull still trying to control things. A thinly disguised attempt to influence the FIA ahead of the Australian Appeal:

Red Bull founder Dietrich Mateschitz has warned that the energy drink manufacturer isn't infinitely committed to Formula One, after Daniel Ricciardo was excluded from the Australian Grand Prix over disputed fuel flow sensor data.

He went on:

"We have had it all but on these things from our perspective there is a clear limit to what we can accept."

No rules for our Dietrich except for his own....What he doesn't seem to realise is how much Red Bull are despised by a large proportion of the fans. Apparently, there is a way you become and celebrate being multiple championships and that Dietrich, Horner & Co have failed in maintaining the respect of the fans. I know not but that is the buzz.

Anyone still think Horner is a shoe in for Bernie?

Keith

To be quite honest, I get really cheesed when everytime I try and watch a sport, any sport it seems, and there's that plain naaasty bloody drink splashed all over it.

It really is the naaaaastiest beverage ever invented bar none.

It needs to grow wings and f.... off. :evil:

FLY what did you think I meant? :laugh:

Red Bull still trying to control things. A thinly disguised attempt to influence the FIA ahead of the Australian Appeal:

Red Bull founder Dietrich Mateschitz has warned that the energy drink manufacturer isn't infinitely committed to Formula One, after Daniel Ricciardo was excluded from the Australian Grand Prix over disputed fuel flow sensor data.

He went on:

"We have had it all but on these things from our perspective there is a clear limit to what we can accept."

No rules for our Dietrich except for his own....What he doesn't seem to realise is how much Red Bull are despised by a large proportion of the fans. Apparently, there is a way you become and celebrate being multiple championships and that Dietrich, Horner & Co have failed in maintaining the respect of the fans. I know not but that is the buzz.

Anyone still think Horner is a shoe in for Bernie?

You just nailed that Keef. Red Bull and co are throwing the toys out of the pram because things are not going their way.

Bob

He's like the new napoleon bonaparte lol. I just told him how we all feel about the political bs and corruption and how the fans end up suffering. Too bad they don't have a " you must be at least 5' tall to be an fia president" sign. Is Bernie in jail yet btw.

Keith

He's like the new napoleon bonaparte lol. Is Bernie in jail yet btw.

He IS Napoleon! As for Bernie, there is no jail constructed that could contain the slippery midget.

You see a pattern running through this? To be successful in F1 you have to be a midget with a Power Mad World Domination Agenda.

To be fair, I like Bernie and he IS F1. It will never be the same without his vision.

In other news: Sebastian Vettel wins the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award following his record-breaking fourth world championship victory last year having been nominated on four previous occasions without winning.

I wouldn't say he's been shown to be a great 'sportsman' though because he has hoisted his toys out of the car on more than one occasion.

He's an OK fellow though but "World Sportsman?" No.

Keith

Yes, the 'Fat One' was a bit special in his own mind too wasn't he? Although I have to say, out of the three of them, Vettel is probably the most natural inasmuch as I could imagine having a beer or two with him,

El Lardo starting again in Indycar this weekend I hear.

Back