F1 in 2014.

F1 boring ??

Bullshit, to quote a certain 3 times World Champion :laugh::laugh:

I will give you that "one" race but raise you the rest of the season.:) that was only a race because of the safety car, if the field had not all been bunched back together Hamilton would have just disappeared into the distance in a Vetel type fashion leaving all the rest to put on a show.

Bob

edit .I think at one stage the mercs were the best part of half a lap ahead. Imagine them coming across the line then having to wait 30+ seconds for the rest.

Last edited:
I will give you that "one" race but raise you the rest of the season.:) that was only a race because of the safety car, if the field had not all been bunched back together Hamilton would have just disappeared into the distance in a Vetel type fashion leaving all the rest to put on a show.

Bob

edit .I think at one stage the mercs were the best part of half a lap ahead. Imagine them coming across the line then having to wait 30+ seconds for the rest.

IF!

"If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle", to quote Alan Jones after Mansell's Tyre blew.................:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I just watched it, looks like Mercedes pulled the correct rein last year when they decided to concentrate on this years car.
A terrific fight between Nico and Lewis total respect.
Highlights for me Daniels drive from 13th to 4th of course, and the transmission from Red Bull
Sebastian let Daniel through he is faster than you......
And Maldonado should lose his licence.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
On the telecast Montezolo(sp)from Ferrari was not happy and left early as a reporter got some verbal bits out of him.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
FIA logic, Ricciardos team make a mistake and he cops a 10 grid penalty. Maldona-DOH
Puts another drivers life in danger and gets a 5 grid penalty. WTF! Maybe Columbian $ can buy officials as well as drives?:furious:

Keith

Great News!

Hope he kicks everyone's ass.... :thumbsup:

Gene Haas has secured a Formula 1 team entry for the 2015 season.
The American NASCAR team owner confirmed on Friday that he had been informed by the FIA his application to join the F1 grid had been successful.
It comes after a lengthy evaluation process to ensure that Haas had the financial means and necessary infrastructure to commit to the sport.
In a statement, Haas welcomed the FIA decision, although knew that the granting of the entry marked only the start of a huge effort to get on to the grid.

Courtesy Autosport..

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I'm waiting for the announcement that Brawn has been hired by Carl Haas. They worked together before on the Beatrice fiasco.......

It appears that I was wrong here, Carl Haas was the Beatrice guy back in the 1980's......

Gene Haas, a totally different guy, has received the OK from F1 to field a team next year.

My Bad!

What are the chances that the last two Americans to field an FI team would both be named Haas?

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Now there is an American F1 licence I wonder if we will see an American driver once more?
Of course they would have to learn to turn corners in both directions and race in the rain.
But hey they can learn.

Keith

Red Bull have lost their appeal against Daniel Ricciardo’s disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix following a hearing of the FIA Court of Appeal in Paris.

The FIA issued a statement saying: “The court, after having heard the parties and examined their submissions, decided to uphold the decision number 56 of the stewards by which they decided to exclude Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s car number three from the results of the 2014 Australian Grand Prix.

“The International Court of Appeal was presided over by Mr Harry Duijm (Netherlands), and included Mr Rui Botica Santos (Portugal), Mr Philippe Narmino (Monaco), Mr Antonio Rigozzi (Switzerland) and Mr Jan Stovicek (Czech Republic).”

Courtesy F1Fanatic

Back