F1 in 2015

Wow, I loved to see Max making clever use of Seb.
Just folowing him (even though he was faster) and overtaking two while they were being blue flagged. Brilliant!!!
What a shame about that crash. I surely believe Grosjean lifted earlier than normal.
But, I guess that's racing...

Wild exit by Verstappen, hell of an effort just a nano second too late with the jink to the right. BOOM. Really says a lot about the cars that he was not hurt.

Verstappen and Sainz a breath of fresh air not seen since, well, Ricky Ardo. Boy is Ricky having a rough one.

Wow, I loved to see Max making clever use of Seb.
Just folowing him (even though he was faster) and overtaking two while they were being blue flagged. Brilliant!!!
What a shame about that crash. I surely believe Grosjean lifted earlier than normal.
But, I guess that's racing...

Hi Geert,
I'm with you. The moment I saw the onboard I was certain G lifted/braked deliberately early.
But the Stewards had the data so why no penalty?

Hello There,

I'm heading to Monza this year and hoping the racing improves to be frank. It may also be the last one, if Bernie has his way!

Is anyone else planning to be there? Any recommendations for where to stay?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lance

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Oh dear poor Lewis, what a total f#ck up.Toto should sack himself.

WTF is a Virtual Safety Car? Okay, it did read up on it, but sounds like yet another unnecessary version of a yellow flag rule. Because one driver can't compensate for conditions, hermaphrodite rules like this are created?

With that said, Lewis appeared to very well restrain his response in the post-race interview, and displayed a surprisingly high degree of professionalism. I'm sure he felt gut-punched. Loved Vettel's comment of "I'm happy..I'm happy" after the interview with the two Merc drivers. Finally showing some humor.

Keith

It was devised following Jules Bianchi's tragic crash. Personally, I think it's quite a good idea as some incidents don't require a full safety car and yet need more control than simply locally waved yellows. Given the terminal velocities of these machines coupled with the red-mist racin' rage of the pilots it seems another layer of safety was needed.

I actually think it should keep the race flowing better, but ironically, it was the difference between the speed delta of the VSC and the deployment of the actual SC that proved Lewis's undoing, never mind the doubtful wisdom of changing tyres. If the VSC had been left in place - he would have got out ahead.

But that's F1!

PS. Re: Lewis's attitude afterwards. If you exclude parking at the tunnel and crashing into the 3rd place marker then yes, I suppose he was professional. He should be, it was a 50% call and he was the man on the spot. To be honest, I think he asks the team far too much and then tends to cut them off when they give him info. I think he should trust his gut more...

monaco-grand-prix-team-radio-transcript

Last edited:
As far as the recently concluded Monaco Grand Prix is concerned, if I were in Hamilton's shoe I wouldn't know what to feel. It seems as though something so near to you has been snatched. The number one spot is there for him to take but because of one miscalculation, someone else took it. It is more like a bitter-sweet victory for Mercedes at Hamilton's expense. Here-s the rest of the news - Deleted by Moderator - do NOT post links to Betting Websites here..

Last edited by a moderator:
It was devised following Jules Bianchi's tragic crash. Personally, I think it's quite a good idea as some incidents don't require a full safety car and yet need more control than simply locally waved yellows. Given the terminal velocities of these machines coupled with the red-mist racin' rage of the pilots it seems another layer of safety was needed.

I actually think it should keep the race flowing better, but ironically, it was the difference between the speed delta of the VSC and the deployment of the actual SC that proved Lewis's undoing, never mind the doubtful wisdom of changing tyres. If the VSC had been left in place - he would have got out ahead.

But that's F1!

PS. Re: Lewis's attitude afterwards. If you exclude parking at the tunnel and crashing into the 3rd place marker then yes, I suppose he was professional. He should be, it was a 50% call and he was the man on the spot. To be honest, I think he asks the team far too much and then tends to cut them off when they give him info. I think he should trust his gut more...

Perzackly that. Vetal , Schumacher and many others have rightly chosen to ignore team orders on dozens of occasions. I can sort of see the thinking of the panic tyre change, a bunched up pack of F1 cars on fresher tyres may have compromised Hamiltons position when the safety car released them anyway. "If`s" and "ands" :)

Bob

Keith

Yes, and that's why he is not a 'complete' champion in my book. Far too much "what do I do guys?" going on...

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Lance,
where ever you stay in Monza, especially in the camping areas, form a compartment in your car - a steel safe is a really good idea - and have it welded in to the boot of your car.
Do not think that by wearing it in a bag or on your wrist in your tent is satisfactory. Where ever, you will be clocked and followed. It's the nature of 'the fucking North Italian Gypsies' . They tried everything to take one of our generators even to the point of a desperate knuckle and groin fight in the main road. Which they lost. But then we had a large group of gypsies from the milan area congregate to the point where we needed armed police guard at our position and then to the french border. They never gave up until we reached Spain.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well there was some passing in Canada, I only fell asleep twice. WTF is the bull shit with penalties and tokens? The smile on Ricciardo's face is slowly fading, Alonso spat the dummy
And Jenson remains very diplomatic.
The FIA needs to do something quickly or the fans will leave in droves, me included.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Rumor
F1: Ricciardo 'perfect fit' for Ferrari ?

Daniel Ricciardo should be the frontrunner to replace Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari.

That is the view of Roberto Merhi, who chuckled to Spain's Marca sports newspaper that he wishes he was also in the running for a move to Maranello.

Actually, the reported frontrunner is Williams' Valtteri Bottas.

"Bottas is very good," Spanish rookie Merhi said, "but in the race sometimes he makes small mistakes.

"It does seem strange that he is beaten on many days by Felipe Massa," the Manor driver added, "but we are talking about a great driver, of course."

But Merhi said that if the choice was his, he would sign Australia's Ricciardo.

"I think he meets all the requirements. He has Italian ancestry, speaks a little of the language, has a very open character and with a competitive car gets good results, as happened last year with Red Bull," said Merhi.

"I think he would fit perfectly with Ferrari."

Merhi acknowledges, however, that Ricciardo would not be the first choice of his prospective 2016 teammate Sebastian Vettel.

"He (Ricciardo) beat him last year at Red Bull and so I don't think he would be his (Vettel's) favourite teammate, but I think it would be good for Ferrari overall," the 24-year-old Spaniard added.

Keith

Just watching the British Grand Prix and some tart singing the National Anthem.

"Guard Save our Gracious Queen..."

Who the frick is Guard?

Edit: Could she have been (gasp) Merican ?? :stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned:

Last edited:

Keith

That's going to be the worst gig she's ever done and she is going to live to regret it. Twitter is on fire with protests...

What's more, there was a perfectly good Royal Marine band (probably squirming in their boots) a few feet behind her which would have been far more appropriate.

Bernard Ecclestone, I smell your warty hand in this!:furious:

Perhaps her Maj will consign him to the Tower for having our National Anthem assassinated...(with any luck) and he can take wotsername with him.

Keith

When she started signing I thought it was Anerican too.
Turns out it was Alesha Dixon!

By the way Chris (a little off topic, sorry) did you see that a Noble M600 won the Supercar Challenge up the hill at FOS?

It looked mighty, with no fancy wings or anything. Anthony Reid pedalled it very hard indeed..

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Apart from the ' Guard ' when will these pleb singers learn that less is more.
For crying out loud, why copy Witney, out of my box Houston ( we have a problem ) What is the pissing contest in trying to bend a note 20 times in 3 seconds...big fucking deal. Isn't it just soooooooooo original, not.
Fucking X Factor.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well the race was interesting enough, I didn't see the singer but I agree with Andrew I'm sick of singers particularly females who try to emulate Houston fail, and we are left with some belter shouting at us. I get enough of that at home.
Its just like those silly tennis player sheilas that sound like they are having an orgasm every time they hit the ball..

Back