Fat Larry's GTR Build

Ron Earp

Admin
I got a private message asking for support for this site my first question is this for real and if so please post a tax ID number for all to see. Layout ways of support for the site.

It’s legit. Anyone that knows me knows I am a straight shooter.

I have the hardest time reaching the SLC fans on this forum because most of them only come to the SLC sub forum.Anyhow, that’s why I sent the message because I’m afraid a large percentage are reading on the normal forums thus are unaware of the operational side of of this site.

Last edited:
Update Fuel System complete less the back ordered inline fuel filter I had to modify the tank to install an in tank fuel pump, and then everything else fell into place. I installed the Tank's Company in tank fuel pump because of it's reliability and quiet running nature just like OEM. Next onto the Coolant system.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG_1218.jpg
    IMG_1218.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 587
  • UDWBbd.jpg
    UDWBbd.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 601
So my weekend was spent fabricating an aluminum look to the front splitter, I wanted to keep the alum look through out the interior front bay of the car. Now I can set the radiator.

Attachments

• IMG_1222.jpg
    IMG_1222.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 557
Ok front suspension polished and working on the rear and then powder coat the calipers

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 530
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 661
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 566
Here is the rear suspension polished now working on powder coating the calipers stay tuned

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 599
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 538
Reactions: ext

Joel K

Supporter
Looks great Larry, how are you going to powder coat your calipers, are you breaking them down or leave assembled?

Ok drivers side done now onto the passenger side. Joel I kept the calipers together for powder coating and I used alum foil and the dust boots to block sand and powder from entering the cylinder bores if any sand happens to find it's way in I vacuum it out. I have used the Eastwood powder coating equipment since it came out and as long as your surface prep is done correctly it works great. Now I am just waiting for new Brembo Stickers to come in the mail. I built a small angle iron support fixture to hold the oven tray and the powder coating equipment and to also capture the powder it works great

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 550
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 533
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 492
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 520
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 512
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    427.4 KB · Views: 507

Joel K

Supporter
Larry,

This thread may help...

Working on coolant and fuel piping front of car I plan on putting the gas tank fill on passenger side of car. I have a question to the guys who have installed the gas fill did you keep the fuel flapper door from RCR in your system I would think it would cut down on fume odors while in a garage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 465
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 402
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 483
So yesterday I had to make a fitting that excepted all of the different sizes of the coolant piping so I turned to copper it worked out perfect and to the AC and Heat

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 397
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    373.5 KB · Views: 414
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 421

Steven Lobel

Supporter
Copper scares me in cars. Heat cycle and vibration might lead to fragility of the pipe. Unsure if true, but have not seen copper on race car.

Neil

Supporter
You won't find copper in aircraft, either. Pressure cycling or vibration is a killer for copper, it work hardens and then fractures. In quasi-static pressure applications such as Larry mentions, it is OK. Another reason not to use copper for fuel lines is that it is catalytic to gasoline. Copper accelerates the deterioration of fuel.

Back