Fatal GT40 Accident - Please tell me this is not Toms RCR GT40

I just read about this terrible accident that have happened to Tom and his friend...
very, very tragic, the loss of a life, one of his best friends, must be a nightmare for him and the related people.
I wish them all much strength in this difficult time.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I exchanged emails with Toms son on Friday actually
Its obviously going to be a long road for Tom but any progress is good news....

"He is moving now his two legs and his fingers but he is still in a way of comma. The doctors say that he is doing the trainings which they do with him very well and they were proud of him."

Many thanks Fran for this recent news

I wish to Tom all my best and send him all much I can , mental forces, for him to get out from this terrible coma .

Regards to his family .

Does anyone have any updated information on Tom?

Hoping he has made some progress in the last month, and his family is remaining optimistic of improvement.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Just had an email from Michael, Toms son.

"it hasn't changed anything on toms situation only a few things have improved but he and we don't give up. There is still a lot of hope for him"

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Same here Mark...

Hoping and praying for a miracle for Tom and his family...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I've said nothing up until now, but I've just seen 'Paul Walker ' Fast & Furious has passed away, another crash, Jesus, from people I know, he was a real, true Petrol Head and a genuine guy to boot..
So, this even more gets me going..
I remember helping Tom, when he took collection of his GT40, had coffee with him, physically helped him load the car up on the transporter even. He came across as such as ' Good ' guy, one you would want to meet AND talk to.
I had no financial involvement, just happened to be there, so... lend a hand.
But this is the main reason for my post.
As a Sponsoring Vendor, how about all of us, and I mean ALL of us, arranging a Christmas Auction, in aid of Tom's family. Ok, I make parts, but all of us must have parts spare, that are collecting dust.
His family see , or are forwarded our thoughts, how about us helping his family ( I don't believe the money raised will be the the main source of the benefit, more the weight of thought behind it ) and when he finally recovers his faculties, he will know we were rooting for him.
If there is anyone out there that can host a website for this purpose, please contact me. C'mon guys, and I specifically mean you other ' Sponsoring Vendors' ( but also you others reading this post that have spare parts !!! )
step up to the plate please, after all it is Christmas !!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

John A

Lifetime Supporter
I would feel honored to donate parts for Tom and for Paul Walker,I have some extra parts from the Fast Five GT-40 Cars that I would be happy to donate for Tom's Family and their future challenge's.
JA

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Morning All
I emailed Michael, Toms son for an update, As we know Tom was due to have surgery a little while back.
From Michael today

Yeah sorry for don't writing you. Tom had not had his surgery because of an illness. So we are still waiting for his surgery. At the moment he is doing good and he isn't ill. So I will visit him today an speak to the doctors and I hope that he has a new date for his surgery.
I hope that I can tell you new and positive things about him next email but still there is not a lot new to say.

Back