Fling SLC Build Thread

I used a custom stainless 90 bend that was machined to fit into the WP, and with a welded lip at the hose end.

Fits perfectly, and has a smooth bore instead of a sharp bend which induces turbulence.

You can see it in this picture, pointing up at a 45.

StabilizerParts001-1.jpg

But there are many possible solutions, as looking at other builds will show.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Made a little progress. New boots in the calipers and back in place.

IMG_4460.jpg

Also completed the Reflect-A-Gold. Special thanks to YOS for the input.

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

I also got the dampening material sprayed in the fuel tank area.

IMG_4455.jpg

The rear suspension goes back in place tomorrow, and then on the the brake and coolant systems.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Got the rear suspension back into place.

IMG_4466.jpg

Also got the Boom Matt spray in the fuel tank and frame areas. I wanted to get this on before I ran the brake/coolant lines.

IMG_4468.jpg

This brings me to my first question. Does RCR supply the hard lines or the residual pressure valves that go in the footwell area?

Before I put the engine in place, I want to be sure I have everything in place properly on the engine front dress.

IMG_4464.jpg

The rear of the compressor is not supported and adjustement is limited. So here is my second question: I have seen a mounting bracket and adjustable arm that supports the front and rear portion of the compressor. Does that come with the kit if you ordered the front dress?

whoops....Ken beat me to it....

As all of these brackets are laser cut and plated there is no way it was 'CUT" at the shop but it certainly looks like its been hacked....it actually looks like the bracket has been cut in half and the rear leg used to bolt to the tab....certainly not as supplied by us.

Michael Fling

Supporter
It is the latest from Penski. Dual non adjustable.

I did not get an upper bracket from RCR. That is why I was concerned about the bracket that was used. This upper bracket was not from RCR. Does RCR supply the upper bracket and the adjustable arm???? That was exactly what I was wondering as I purchased the front dress option.

Mike
That bracket certainly looks like the we supplied you but its been cut in half
I will have Dean forward you the picture from your shipping list showing the AC mounting bracket that we shipped to you.

The AC brackets are supplied regardless of the front dress purchase...

Michael Fling

Supporter
TY. I have hunted high and low without any luck for the bracket and adjustable arm. That upper bracket was fabled by a gentleman helping me with the build- not from RCR. I will touch base with Dean tomorrow. Thanks again...

Michael, the gold foil looks great! I'll be interested to hear if you experience any tearing issues when you drill and tap.

Because of the “bump out” on the engine block, I too had to modifymy bracket. You may want to take a look at post #67 &6 8my build blog ( Jimer's Build) to see how I addressed the problem without cutting it. I'd post a link but my computer is not cooperating today.
Jim

Last edited:

Michael Fling

Supporter
You would not want to drill into the foil without removing the area where you are going to drill. No doubt the nylon fibers would be a problem. I will use the trusty scalpel before any drilling.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Fran,

That was the RCR bracket that was cut. My bad. Vicki is sending another one. I think I will use a spacer to keep it flush with the block. I also have a 90 degree elbow with thermostat coming for the water pump just to make the connection a little easier.

Fran,

That was the RCR bracket that was cut. My bad. Vicki is sending another one. I think I will use a spacer to keep it flush with the block. I also have a 90 degree elbow with thermostat coming for the water pump just to make the connection a little easier.

The picture of the compressor bracket in Michael's post above has a pivot point on the bracket near the mount. The one I received does not and I cannot figure out how to mount it. I see Dean put a block to clear the engine block bump out but the arm is still facing in the wrong direction and I can't see how you can pivot the compression to tighten the belt without a swivel. What am I missing?

Attachments

• compressor bracket.jpg
    compressor bracket.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 386
The Gold foil will decrease surface temperature of the material to which it is applied, saving your skin somewhat when touched, decreasing intake air temp if applied to the intake, decreasing heat transfer to the cabin, etc.

Back