Fling SLC Build Thread

Michael Fling

Supporter
Many thanks to Craig,Allan (Allan's Videos are amazing),Will, Ken and for everyone's build threads. Progress…

Condenser is mounted and chrome molly extensions in place. You can see the splitter is split. The hinges connect to the splitter behind the fiberglass so they will be hidden. I fiberglassed the underside of the splitter and the piece that connects to the front of the car. The splitter will hinge with the front bonnet.

IMG_5238.jpg

Adjustable pedal assemble was assembled and put in place along with the ETC and had the etc bracket altered so the foot pedal has more travel…

IMG_4870.jpg

Shroud is in place along with reservoirs and Ram lift pump.

IMG_5028.jpg

AC/ heater lines run. Dryer in place and shock canisters mounted. I couldn't get ride height set properly. When it was adjusted to correct ride height, the shocks were loose when the suspension was unloaded. Fran says keepers should not be used with the Penski's. I'll figure that one out later? Th battery will eventually be mounted in the front.

photo_2-11.jpg

IMG_5432.jpg

IMG_5407.jpg

Routed lines down the passenger side… Elected to route through 90 degree bullhead fittings. ECV is on passenger side.

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5525-1.jpg

Mounted an E stoop. Allan's video made it straight forward.

IMG_5472.jpg

Finished the new shop and moved the car to its new home…

IMG_5370.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg

Back to work. Accusump is mounted, the oil cooler and that system was completed. The fuel system was also completed and tested for operation and for leaks. A panel was made on the drivers side where the filters and fuel pumps were accessible.

ScreenShot2014-04-23at13546PM.png

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

The left over servo was amended to create a shutter/gate for the defroster. The plenum was mounted. Foam insulation is used and sealer will be placed on the outside of the plenum later.

IMG_5587.jpg

photo_4-3-1.jpg

I had the expansion tank changed so that the vent lines are in the top of the tank. Vent lines were run from the radiator and from the vapor recovery system:

photo_5-2-1.jpg

I placed a steering wheel adapter so that the removable steering wheel will have a horn. I fabricated and mounted a deadman pedal too. The motor bracket for the telescoping wheel was raised to give for foot room. The MAF sensoe was mounted and lift arms from Hatchmasters as per Allan's video were fabricated for electric doors. The will be mounted this weekend bacause I am clueless about where to go with the wiring.

photo_3-7.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo_4-4-1.jpg

The master cells, megafuses, and GM brains were mounted. This is a part of the build where I am even more lost! The "In Reserve" system was mounted too. I will also place a master shut off.

IMG_5576-1.jpg

photo_2-12-1.jpg

photo_1-11-1.jpg

Did I mention I was lost?

photo_3-8-1.jpg

So that is where I am at. Again thanks to everyone for their build logs. This is new to me and I can not get it done without your help! My goal is to finish the doors, complete the electrical, and then I am off to SEMA. I am on the hunt for an LCD display. I am waiting for the shift cable attachments and I still need to finish a few miscellaneous items on the Graz and the clutch line hook up.

So what is on the horizon?

IMG_5380.jpg

A hint of things to come…

IMG_4941.jpg

Last edited:
hi Michael, I notice in a previous pic on this page some sort of lift system on the front suspension , could you advice on the source and brand etc, any detail or pic etc , that would be a great help, something like that would be great it would mean I could get my car up the driveway into the garage.
Best Regards
Graeme

Thanks Michael, that's great info , a question through you mention 4" is that the total travel, were yours custom built for that travel because on the Ramlift website they only seem to mention 1.5, 2.5 and 40mm as options I was hoping for at least 3" of travel.

Graeme
The travel mentioned is at the wheel,
obviously its dependent upon the length of the control arm and the location of the shock on the arm,

You will have to make sure that your coilover has enough droop and you will obviously need much shorter springs that you currently use...be careful as the short springs are harder to find in higher ratings

Michael Fling

Supporter
I have a few fun things going on with the car… Autometer is releasing a LCD display that displays anything and then some. Currently it is used only in Nascar. It is available Dec. 15th at a cost of $4300.

IMG_5835.jpg

They are taking orders Feb. 15 for a "Sportsman" version. It too will display about anything you would want. It can perform some switching and it has input for a backup camera. It is $1400.

IMG_5836.jpg

IMG_5813.jpg

There are a few other cool things going in/on my car that I will report later.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I've been waiting for Autometer to finally start selling their LCD dash, but $4300? :stunned:

Michael Fling

Supporter
The $1400 version is all you need. The only difference is the brightness of the display and the data logging. Some data logging is available with the lesser version, and it has some switching and back up camera capabilities along with touch screen utilization. That is the model I am going with...

Michael Fling

Supporter
Thanks to Craig

Thank you Craig! This build thing isn'y easy for a first timer. Not that I don't have the talent... but I am ignorant. My build is coming along nicely. As a matter of fact.. the car is going to be off the chain both in terms of looks and performance. While there is a build manual, and build logs to read and study, all of those things simply take a lot for granted. My point? It is really nice people who kick in to help along the way. Ken, Dean, Dave, Bill, and Will to name a few. Allan is a rock star and so are his videos. But I had to give a shout out to my friend Craig. I need to get my car started before it gets sent off for a few engine bay add ons. Craig is 3 hours south of me in Dallas.He made the trip to OKC and with his expertise , the beast came alive. Many thanks for your time and even more for your friendship. Stay tuned for some exciting things to come...

Ok Mr. Michael Fling. I have missed the head light thing, but now I see! Holy smokes those look great. What flavor are those babies? Gosh they look sweet. And I also like the mod on the roof air intake. Looks very nice. Spill the beans on the head lights. Keep up the good work.

Michael Fling

Supporter
2010 Nissan Altima. A lot of work. I know some people won't like it. I do. That is the cool thing about the build... you can do what you want. I wanted a taller front fender much like the LMP cars. A suburban headlight turned 90 degrees looks really cool, but the restrictor in the low beam cannot be rotated, so... no Bueno with that one. More to come...

Back