Ford GT40 Factory Blueprints Chassis plans from Ford Advanced Vehicles

Hahahahaha Jac! I knew you would get my point! I'm amazed that Dynacorn or an equivalent company has not offered a tub yet.

How about another couple of questions?

How many individual & unique stampings are there?

How many stampings are multiples of each other?

How many total stampings are required to complete a tub?

You asking me? Might take a while ! When you consider the relatively low # of SPF cars sold to date I would think its well down on Dynacorns list of future projects.

Last edited:
Just asking in general but I thought you might know. Someone on the forum does!

My point was that with all the "simple" stampings they might not be difficult to mass produce.

Read post # 17, when these were offered for sale in the past we had a list of interested members prepared to buy a set & have the forum 'own' them or something to that effect, any interest in that option still??

Just asking in general but I thought you might know. Someone on the forum does!

My point was that with all the "simple" stampings they might not be difficult to mass produce.

Here you go Scott, according to this book there are no fewer than 365 separate panels...

Attachments

• IMAG00939.jpg
    IMAG00939.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 1,683
For those that want a tub I'm sure Gelsco would build you one, but a I can't imagine there would be much change out of £100k/$130k.

Would be interested to get these plans though, but am wondering if there's enough detail to build a tub from them, otherwise there just pictures. Not that I have the skill/time/money to do that!

So far I have printed out all the drawings, just analysingthem trying to understand the details, brushing up on my third angle projectionect.

Then I spent a few nights creating a contents list in excel thatallows me to categorise each plan based on the section of the car that it dealswith. I can then filter on particular termsto bring up all the plans for a particular area of the car.

Next step will be to convert/redraw them in some form of cadprogram like Solidworks.

There is some double ups in the plans, maybe 5 of them youend up with 2 copies, slightly different file name and the scan is different butit’s the same plan

There is some full car assembly drawings which look tocontain a fair amount of the dimensions needed but I haven’t had a chance tocheck the scale and accuracy of these yet. These carry no drawing numbers, draft person of company details so couldhave come from any ware. There isnothing to indicate the origin of these.

It’s a good start though.

The pictures are mainly from CCD in NZ, and I think 99% ofthem can be found on this site.

Ryan

If you fancy doing a bit of a trade, I am after details on a couple of areas, maybe we could swap a couple of drawings for some parts CADed up in return?

Here you go Scott, according to this book there are no fewer than 365 separate panels...

is that the haines manual that was produced?
I suppose the question it, what to they class as the chassis?
do they include in the 365 number the front and rear sub structures, the cover plates that go over the seats, the rear bulkhead access panel in front of the engine, the rear hoop support that goes above the transaxle, the door mounts, the brake cooling ducting?

Then there is all the other bespoke parts that go with them as well.

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Here is the compound curve and some views of stamped parts....to do it right requires huge investment in dies for all the parts. Some parts can be fabricated 'by hand' with panel beaters tools etc but requires skill to do. I'm about to start assembling the roof and bulkhead for my car (I have most of the pieces) and one thing people don't consider is the order of assembly is crucial as is the need for custom spot welding arms.

Attachments

• DSC01388.JPG
    DSC01388.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,308
  • DSC01526.JPG
    DSC01526.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,225
  • DSC01547.JPG
    DSC01547.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,167
  • DSC01548.JPG
    DSC01548.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,599
  • DSC01544.JPG
    DSC01544.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,278
That is interesting to see Doc. Where have you acquired the roof pressing from. I have heard of another local gent (in Victoria Australia) who has procured one as well. I think his came out of the USA but I haven't been able to confirm this yet.
are any of the panels available from suppliers?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I thought that Gelscoe sells the tin spiders but I may be wrong..

Hi all.
Any of the plans you see with a number stuck to them are drawings which were stolen from Gelscoe Motorsport a few years back.
The last guy who tried to sell them via the internet all but lost his house in legal fees after Gelscoe finished dealing with him.
Our legal guys are hunting this new fellow down as I write this.

Your call if you buy a set... but id advise you to stay well clear. Previous owners of the stolen drawings returned them to Gelscoe before it all got to involved.

Gelscoe Motorsport

Hi all.
Any of the plans you see with a number stuck to them are drawings which were stolen from Gelscoe Motorsport a few years back.
The last guy who tried to sell them via the internet all but lost his house in legal fees after Gelscoe finished dealing with him.
Our legal guys are hunting this new fellow down as I write this.

Your call if you buy a set... but id advise you to stay well clear. Previous owners of the stolen drawings returned them to Gelscoe before it all got to involved.

Gelscoe Motorsport

I know the guy concerned and the drawings didn't originate from Gelscoe and weren't stolen from anyone.

Regards,

I bought the set for the 427 cobra. It included 10-12 drawings of the chassis done by someone in Marietta Georga in 1990, as well as scans of original appearing 427 owner's manula, parts catalog and cobra performance parts catalog.

The drawings are pretty good, and when I have a chance, I'll measure them up against my Kirkham.

If someone has the GT40 drawings, pm me, maybe we can work something out. Not planning on building either car from scratch, though :).

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Who now "owns" the original plans? If everyone is building cars to original spec then how can anyone claim copyright infringement other the current owner of the original plans? I'd like a set if I can find a way to procure them, legal threats aside...

Back