Formula Junior..Volopini replica

With so much time on my hands, I used almost 8 hours to design build test and paint the throttle linkage system so happy to say it works. Biggest issue is lack of materials, I used some 1/2 steel rod to make the clevis`s but need to get some plain shank cap screws for the pins. Still need to make the cable end connection more permanent, It uses a clamping screw at present.
DSCN6679.JPG
DSCN6680.JPG

Houston....we have ignition! AFTER sorting out no spark and tracing it back to some `expert` putting an earth on the coil, once removed I found that I had a really good spark....it`s still evident up my arm. This whole saga / project began when I saw these carbs for sale on Ebay for $125 a pair, I just had to have them. Now bear in mind that these have just come straight out of the box with no adjustment and it has fired up (on 3 cyl) easy as. I initially thought that it was just very camy until i noticed the loose lead so stopped and plugged it in. Starts good as and timing still needs to be set as just done by eye at the moment. Found the water pump seal leaks so ordered a new one. Always a good day when you have some life out of the project. Cheers

Question for Jac Mac or anyone else.
Motor starts and runs fine now how ever a question regarding header tank input. I currently have the header tank being fed from a heater outlet which is just below the thermostat, there is considerable water movement out until the thermo opens, should it be on the radiaitor side to ensure the water `sucks` back into the system.
Cheers

My dear Carol lost her 7 year fight against OV Cancer last night, in typical fashion not wanting any fuss, she sneaked out the door the moment we were not looking. Her dignity and acceptance will stand forever with me. Much loved and lost. Rest in peace Carol.

Russ mate im so sorry to hear such news, both fran and i are lost for words. she will be remembered for the brave fighter and loving soul that she was.
any thing we can do just call.
john and fran

Question for Jac Mac or anyone else.
Motor starts and runs fine now how ever a question regarding header tank input. I currently have the header tank being fed from a heater outlet which is just below the thermostat, there is considerable water movement out until the thermo opens, should it be on the radiaitor side to ensure the water `sucks` back into the system.
Cheers
Russ the header tank should feed into the bottom radiator hose, ie cold side of the thermostat.
john

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Deeply saddened by your loss Russ.... May she rest in peace....

Neil

Supporter
Russell, I lost my first wife to COPD so I can understand your profound loss. Be assured that she will live in your heart forever.

Russell, I haven't been here for a while so I missed your sad news, so sorry for your loss mate, Carol was a great lady, she will be greatly missed by all that knew her.

Back