Gonna do it. Lotus Esprit SBF.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Wow Cliff. Great to hear that you are on the mend. I hope 2021 is a much much better year for you and you continue to be cancer free. My best friend is battling stage 4 and it appears his out come will not be as good as yours. He isn’t giving up and has made it 2 years already. What ever you do, don’t give up . I enjoy following your build and posts.
Regards Brian

Ron Earp

Admin
Cliff, sorry to read this!! Get on the mend and hoping for a continued recovery and you finishing up your projects!

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
This has been a life changing journey and I've acquired some life wisdom from the experience. Don't take your health for granted, and be thankful for all that you have, especially the people in your life that care about you, and whom you care about. Take some joy in being alive every day, and be a decent and thoughtful person towards your fellow human being. Be respectful and genuine in your words, and be kind - kind to those less fortunate than you, and kind to those who deserve it....

I had a similar, but not nearly so critical experience in '19, and your words speak so well to the truth of you don't know what you will miss until a near miss. Please appreciate what and who we have when and while we can. Great post Cliff.

I just found your thread yesterday, interestingly I had just pulled my gearbox on my 89 Turbo SE about an hour earlier for a swap. Thanks for reminding us about what's important in life, it's easy to get distracted by all the 'stuff' in our lives.
PXL_20210210_023151702~2.jpg

Thank you again gentlemen for the well wishes. I'm one lucky son of a gun - doing great, cancer free and feeling wonderful. The amazing doctors and nurses at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Swedish Hospital Oncology and UW Medicine brought me back to life. One final comment on it - please don't ever go without medical insurance at any time in your life. The medical bills for this drill I went through exceeded $6million. I can't thank UnitedHealthcare enough - they came through for me and didn't squabble one bit.

Took the Frankenlotus out for a run today - she's runnin' good! Made some improvements over the last few months and nice to have her back in one piece and back on the road. 425/425 hp/tq in an Esprit is a lot more than the stock 230/190.... Beautiful day here in Seattle. I'll get my son Max to help me put the rear hatch back on.

Dyno sheet is the crate engine from BluePrint. With the EFI and some other go fast bits we put on she's a wee bit more now.

Little video here: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/w0z4UgQToFU

Attachments

• Dynosheet.jpg
    Dynosheet.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Great news Cliff!!!! Glad to hear that you're beating cancer and here is to more of that! I hope the Lotus is running good with the new Ford power!

I always loved the esprit. My brother in law had an '85 Corolla GTS that the tail lights were borrowed from. That was the thing he bragged most about with that car.

Thank you Ron, much appreciated.

Brian - yes, pretty funny.....Lotus borrowing parts like that on a budget. Those Toyota tail lights are mounted upside down on the Esprit. Mine are kind of scratched....been trying to find some from a Corolla!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Keep on keepin’ on brother! Make some tracks with that Lotus!

Very clean and well finished installation.
Does it "make the noise"?
As some of our European members tend to say.

Back