Hi Fellas, quick update here. Progress has been slow, as usual. Work and kids and a million other things cuts into the garage time.... Thought I better give a quick update and some pics.
Basically, the last couple months I've been cleaning up the install - rewiring and replumbling some things so they work better, added a better header tank, reconfigured the oil cooler and installed a larger aluminum radiator with three Spal high flow fans. Got some parts powder coated - engine & transaxle mounts, various brackets, etc. This is all the stuff that takes hours and hours but makes an install look and work properly. Have a chunk more to go still.
The last major job is to move the (previously inboard) brakes to an outboard mount. Rather than use later hubs (with ears), I'll adapt my inboard hubs with some fabrication and outsourced aluminum welding. I have some twin piston HiSpec rear calipers to go with the four piston HiSpec front calipers. I'll also install a proportioning valve so I can dial in the brake bias. The calipers I have should be pretty well balanced without need for a proportioning valve but also good to be able to do some tuning.
Haven't had her out on the road yet but that's come......not too far down the road!
Great Project Cliff- not sure how i missed it before. I am LSing my 88 currently.. yes, i went the easy route with the heavy chevy. The rear brakes were a PIA and im still not convinced i did the right thing... im cutting axles currently.
Keep those updates and pics coming! I could use some inspiration ;-)