GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round and round we go.

It is actually you who appear to not be bothered by shootings in you schools, or other murders by guns, they make up part of the gun homicides that according to you " are trivial in amount by comparison"...really?

Al I think you recently posted a list of the what caused your hundreds and thousands of deaths, I can't seem to find it now but four on the list that I remember were heart disease, overdose of drugs, deaths caused by cars, and deaths caused by medical negligence.

Although tragic, most of these deaths were self inflicted, and in the case of medical negligence, and deaths by cars not a deliberate act inflicted on someone else. Below is a list of shootings in your schools in the US in 2018 up to February this year i.e. 2 months. You may feel they are trivial. i and many others don't.

Please show me where an individual has gone into a school or any other place for that matter, and committed the deliberate premeditated mass murder and deaths or injury of innocent children or members of the public by using.

Heart disease.
Drugs overdose.
A car.
Medical negligence

On January 22, shots were fired from a truck in the car park of NET Charter High School in New Orleans, Louisiana, targeting students during their lunch break. One student was injured during the incident.
On the same date, a 16-year-old male fired at his 15-year-old classmate in the cafeteria of Italy High School, Texas. The young victim was wounded while cops quickly apprehended the teen shooter.
On January 23, a 15-year-old male student shot 16 people in the lobby at Marshall County High School in Benton, Kentucky, killing two 15-year-olds. One died at the scene and the other passed away from wounds in hospital.
On February 1, two 15-year-old students were shot and injured inside a classroom at Sal Castro Middle School in Los Angeles, California. A 12-year-old girl was arrested.
On February 14, a gunman stormed Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, killing at least 17 people and injuring up to 50. Parkland police arrested former pupil Nikolas Cruz, 19, who was expelled from the school in 2017.
On March 7, a 17-year-old girl was shot dead and a 17-year-old boy injured in a gun incident at Huffman High School in Birminham, Alabama.

Of course I'm bothered and concerned about shootings, but the other deaths I am concerned about as well, the numbers are overwhelming yet the gun issue is at the front with far, far lower numbers. Liberals tend to get all puffed up and righteous with their causes and make it sound as if the right is hating, racist, bigoted, uncaring, capitalist. And they are so caring and giving, with other peoples money of course. Liberal aren't concerned with gun deaths in major US cities were gun control is the strictest, thousands of deaths. On any given week, more people die in US cities than those that die from random gun violence year round, but you are not concerned with that, it doesn't play as well for your gun control agenda. Most of the deaths I mentioned are preventable, but that doesn't serve your control issue. You have radicals blowing up your neighbors multiple times yearly in your country, yet in your high minded liberal beliefs you think you have a right to tell Americans what and how we should run our country. thanks, but no thanks!

While I'm on this, from 2009 to 2016 we had a leader that started off his leadership by going to just about every country on the planet saying how rude, inconsiderate, and generally terrible the American people are, and you thought so little of us that you believed it. If not for the sacrifice of the American people and our tax dollars given to every country, good and bad, you would be saluting a different flag and speaking a different language. Hundreds of thousand gave their lives and continue to give their lives. You have a very short memory, it was only 70 odd years ago. I am not negating your sacrifice, but it would not have been done without Americans. I am damn proud to be an American!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Indeed Al...
As a country, we’ve come to the aid of so many.... I shudder to think what would have happened to Europe had the Allied forces not stopped Hitler!

Welcome to California, American citizens not so much! Michael Ramirez

The Golden State continues to rank No. 1 as the state that has waved goodbye to more residents, about 143,000 last year, mean while illegal immigrants continue to flood into the declared sanctuary state.

Attachments

• Welcome-to-California.jpg
    Welcome-to-California.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 168

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

The Golden State continues to rank No. 1 as the state that has waved goodbye to more residents, about 143,000 last year, mean while illegal immigrants continue to flood into the declared sanctuary state.

'Remember the good ole days when Cali was rightfully known as the land of hot rods, custom cars, drive-ins, surfin', movie stars, and, of course, "California girls"?

"Those were the days, my friend...we thought they'd never end"...but, boy, were we wrong...

Since you cite no source for your info, then your info is probably dubious. But let's assume CA lost 143,000 people last year. CA has a population of 40,000,000 people. Do the math, that's like 4/10 ths of 1%. :laugh:

We still have the best weather, best wine country, the Pacific Ocean, awesome beaches, best public colleges (6 in the top 50), Silicon Valley, Hollywood, on and on.

The problem is that the state is SO highly desirable, housing prices have skyrocketed and some can't afford it.

California is doing just fine. And we're putting more money away into a "rainy day" fun.

Gov. Jerry Brown releases 2018-19 CA budget | The Sacramento Bee

Now, Comrade Trump's new tax law may have some impact, since high income Californians will have to adapt to the loss of popular deductions they used to lower their taxes. The new law capped mortgage interest deductions and eliminated a deduction that let residents of high-tax states write off some of their state and local taxes.

It's entirely possible that high-earning Californians leave the state and that would start to pinch our revenue, since CA relies heavily on income taxes paid by its wealthiest residents.

“People with higher incomes pay a lot more money, and some of them may be tempted to leave,” he said. “This was an assault by the Republicans in Congress against California and New York and New Jersey,” he said, listing states that made heavy use of the deductions.

I'll blame our illegitimate president, until he's impeached, then I'll blame the rest of the Republican party. :laugh:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
'Remember the good ole days when Cali was rightfully known as the land of hot rods, custom cars, drive-ins, surfin', movie stars, and, of course, "California girls"?

"Those were the days, my friend...we thought they'd never end"...but, boy, were we wrong...

No doubt, but I'm kinda thinking there is a lot of things all over America that are changing in ways none of us like. I'd just once like to go somewhere in this country where we didn't have some idiot throwing cigarette butts and trash out the car windows, applying their graffiti to national monuments, or otherwise leaving yet another trace of excessive human consumption of everything around us.

Yea rod,

you're the greatest california is the greatest, you should be president bla bla bla how is the air pollution ???? Trump is no good bla bla bla

trump is this....trump is that bla bal bla

carry on

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...I'd just once like to go somewhere in this country where we didn't have some idiot throwing cigarette butts and trash out the car windows, applying their graffiti to national monuments, or otherwise leaving yet another trace of excessive human consumption of everything around us.

'Strange thing there, Terry - I truthfully cannot remember the last time I saw some slob toss TRASH out of his car's window in my area! It's been years! No joke! But, every now and then (not very often), I DO see some loser toss a 'butt'...and we do have a few "graffiti" vandals doing their thing around here - although there aren't any "national monuments" locally for 'em to deface.

Anytime I see any of that crap on public property in my area ("private" I leave alone), I spray over it with some rattle can 'concrete grey' (retaining walls and the like)...OR rattle can "Kilz" that I keep in my P/U.

'Seems like every time I do that I get 'horn honks' and 'thumbs up' from passersby. (I'm still waiting for one of the local "men in blue" to see me doing it. 'Don't know whether or not I'm breaking some stupid LAW or another...'don't really CARE either.)

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Indeed Al...
As a country, we’ve come to the aid of so many.... I shudder to think what would have happened to Europe had the Allied forces not stopped Hitler!

You've got your history a bit skewed there Mr. Foot. While the US certainly played a significant role in winning the war in Europe, it was the Soviets who beat Hitler.

80 Soviet soldiers died in WWII for every 1 American solider who died.

26 million civilian Soviet casualties, something like 20 in the US. 11 million dead military, 500,000 in the US.

3/4 of all German wartime losses were on the Eastern Front.

Generally 70-80% of German military strength was concentrated on the Eastern Front.

The US certainly provided many of the war materials the Soviets needed, but the Soviets beat Hitler. And possibly could have done it on their own.

This is just a statement of fact. It doesn't mean I think Stalin was a great guy (he wasn't). It doesn't mean I hate America (I don't). These are just facts and what is being stated above is a regurgitation of a misconception that a lot of Americans have about the war.

The US certainly provided many of the war materials the Soviets needed, but the Soviets beat Hitler.

And possibly could have done it on their own.

This is just a statement of fact.

What utter bullshit. Liberalism truly is a mental disorder Jeff. I would suggest checking yourself into a hospital very soon.

The Japanese actually won the war in the Pacific, but lets us say we did because it was a harvest moon on September 2, 1945 and the lower revolving spindle pin on crotch fastener got stuck. And that is a fact! Oh my, we were fighting a war in two places at once, and Japan is close to Russia, did they win that one too?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
You may have forgotten about American/British constant bombing raids that crippled Germany and turned the direction of the war.

No, quite familiar with them and I've read some of the source reporting from the Office of Strategic Services analysis of the strategic bombing campaign on German war production.

marginal at best. German war production of tanks and aircraft increased throughout 1943 and 1944.

I'll post the data later. Facts and numbers don't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back