Guns, pros and cons!

Keith

Hi guys... glad to see everyone is getting along as usual. :)

This IS the gun thread right? Sorry, but I did get a bit confused with the muthafukka Desert Eagle blow your nuts off if you step in my yard type rhetoric (hope I spelt muthafukka right, we've only got American TV programs to go on and the sub titles company (Red Bee Media) cannot make head or tail of the language sometimes.

Anyway guys I've got an "own goal" for you. It's a common term here and I hope it is over the pond else otherwise there may be something lost in translation. Not wishing to patronise anyone here but an own goal is like, er, a street cleaner stepping in dog shit - get my drift?

Without further ado, I would like to present a "gun expert's" own goal for you to enjoy (but I'm quite sure he didn't :) )As usual, I do aplogise if it's a) anyone you know and b) if you don't find it funny. :laugh:

Truthfully, I am glad he survived, albeit with a few scars, and he continues to hone his skills in order to keep us all safe.. :)

The cost:

Sighting in a shiny new rifle - $1,200.00

Quality high power scope - $550.00

Bore sighting device - $140.00

Actually forgetting to remove afore mentioned device before actually firing his new weapon? Priceless!

NewDeerR1.jpg

NewDeerR2.jpg

NewDeerR3.jpg

NewDeerR4.jpg

NewDeerR5.jpg

Oh and hospital tratement: $14,893.00

Ron Earp

Admin
I've a feeling that this picture sequence is to make a point and that last picture doesn't go with the first four. It very well might, but the resolution of the camera, lighting, and lack of debris at the bench don't jive. Shooters rarely take photos of equipment or shooting action when someone is being rushed off in an ambulance. My guess is the shooter is holding the bore sight in a "Look how I fucked up!" picture.

I've seen a few split rifle and pistol barrels over the years but fortunately never seen an injury. I've split my own barrel before too on an IPSC course, due to my fault at the reloading bench, but again, fortunately no injury.

I've a feeling that this picture sequence is to make a point and that last picture doesn't go with the first four. It very well might, but the resolution of the camera, lighting, and lack of debris at the bench don't jive. Shooters rarely take photos of equipment or shooting action when someone is being rushed off in an ambulance. My guess is the shooter is holding the bore sight in a "Look how I fucked up!" picture.

Something definitely seems amiss with the last photograph...

I've seen a few split rifle and pistol barrels over the years but fortunately never seen an injury. I've split my own barrel before too on an IPSC course, due to my fault at the reloading bench, but again, fortunately no injury.

Almost all injuries stemming from firearm malfunctions are due to the breech assembly failing to contain the backpressure. So long as the breech remains secured, other weaker structures will fail. Doesn't mean it's not scary as hell or possible to be injured, just less likely to be fatal or serious...

And once again with the fear-mongering, pandering morbidity and possibilities of injury...how many wrecked exotics must I post before everyone flees the enthusiast forums and these types of automobiles are banned? :rolleyes:

This whole discussion illustrates one of the troubling facts of human nature - people sometimes get seriously angry, even over a philosophical disagreement. And when people get really angry, they can sometimes make decisions they later regret.

Keith

You may well be right Ron, but that is how it was presented to me. However, the text accompanying the photographs was a tad redneck so I omitted it.

I really know nothing much about guns except those I used in the service of Her Majesty, and a Glock 9mm handgun - not that I've ever held one - but I am reminded daily that it will do exactly what it says on the box...

This from the Telegraph.co.uk

Up to 60,000 young people, mostly male, may be stabbed and injured each year, the equivalent of more than 160 victims a day, according to a worst-case estimate for knife violence in England and Wales.

On the other hand, the figure may be around 22,000 each year for victims aged 10 - 25-year-old.

Seem like you guys should be banning sharp objects in the UK as well. Next, gasoline, rags, and bottles.

Keith

Up to 60,000 young people, mostly male, may be stabbed and injured each year, the equivalent of more than 160 victims a day, according to a worst-case estimate for knife violence in England and Wales.

On the other hand, the figure may be around 22,000 each year for victims aged 10 - 25-year-old.

Seem like you guys should be banning sharp objects in the UK as well. Next, gasoline, rags, and bottles.

Hi Al, sorry mate, you seem lost. This is the gun forum.. :) You know you should never bring a knife to a gun fight :laugh:

Speaking of bringing a knife to a gun fight, I have a new decree that will put all of this nonsense to bed forever...(I really believe this is something that liberals can get behind, if you know what I mean ;) )

Since men account for almost every incidence of rape, incest, molestation and pregnancy, I have a solution.

In the interest of public safety and welfare, everyone with a penis must consent to having said equipment removed.

Since we can't trust everyone to make good choices, or tolerate risk, we must do this for the good of our society.

Since government and those in power know what's best for us, they will be the only ones permitted to have penises. This includes members (no pun intended) of the fire dept, police dept and military. This is because only members of the government are gifted with the ability to make good choices...

SOME people will be allowed to keep their penises, provided they can show good cause and pass all government mandated screenings...but these penises will be licensed and only authorized for use at government sanctioned events, subject to confiscation and removal if it is felt to be a threat. Please remember this is in ALL of our best interests.

For the sake of our society and the future of our country, only Congress-persons, Senators, Presidents and Vice-Presidents, Cabinet members, high-ranking Department members, the military, our police and fire-fighters will be allowed to use their penises as they see fit, at discretion of their chain of command, of course...as these fine folks are the only ones capable of knowing the proper place and time of usage for such powerful weapons.

This really is for the best, and if you don't agree with the above, this means you are a child-molester or rapist at heart. Everyone who can't see the logic in my decree is the heart of the problem we are aiming to solve. Please report to the nearest police department right away, as you need to be disarmed.

Yours truly,
The One Who Knows Best

Last edited:

Wow Al, good point.

Just think how much more efficient they could be if they had easy access to guns ;)

wow, it looks like some people equate guns with their "equipment".

No wonder people get so angry over this subject.

Since men account for almost every incidence of rape, incest, molestation and pregnancy, I have a solution.

In the interest of public safety and welfare, everyone with a penis must consent to having said equipment removed.

Since we can't trust everyone to make good choices, or tolerate risk, we must do this for the good of our society.

Since government and those in power know what's best for us, they will be the only ones permitted to have penises. This includes members (no pun intended) of the fire dept, police dept and military. This is because only members of the government are gifted with the ability to make good choices...

SOME people will be allowed to keep their penises, provided they can show good cause and pass all government mandated screenings...but these penises will be licensed and only authorized for use at government sanctioned events, subject to confiscation and removal if it is felt to be a threat. Please remember this is in ALL of our best interests.

For the sake of our society and the future of our country, only Congress-persons, Senators, Presidents and Vice-Presidents, Cabinet members, high-ranking Department members, the military, our police and fire-fighters will be allowed to use their penises as they see fit, at discretion of their chain of command, of course...as these fine folks are the only ones capable of knowing the proper place and time of usage for such powerful weapons.

This really is for the best, and if you don't agree with the above, this means you are a child-molester or rapist at heart. Everyone who can't see the logic in my decree is the heart of the problem we are aiming to solve. Please report to the nearest police department right away, as you need to be disarmed.

Yours truly,
The One Who Knows Best

John,

Not really a good idea imagine if the Sun newspaper in the UK got hold of that story. I can see the headlines now.

ODDS SLASHED ON JOHN ROARK ALLEGEDLY BEING THE BIGGEST DICK IN THE USA ;)

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
WYLD,

You start by volunteering yourself first, for the ' CHOP ' !
Not all sexual molestation of juniors is bad.
I thoroughly enjoyed the attentions of my German teacher, aged 23 'ish, when i was 15. Even Simon Cowell was jealous ! By the way, he still owes me many cigarettes, bastard !!!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Sure, but nothing is quite so quick and easy as a gun.

Plus you dont have to get close, so you do not have that nasty blood stain thing to worry about.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
wow, it looks like some people equate guns with their "equipment".

No wonder people get so angry over this subject.

I think John's post is pointing out the absurdity of banning guns because some are used in the wrong way, as are some penises. Also I am sure that most of you that own exotic cars GT40's included have had the "penis replacement" jibe levelled at you.
Guns are not bad, penises are not bad, cars are not bad. Some people are bad and use guns cars and their penis to cause harm to others. By all means ban them and throw them in jail, but do not take away my rights in the process.....
Oops too late I live in Australia.

Here's one of my pieces I'm quite fond of. These are a lot of fun and amazingly accurate to boot!

RifleSmall.jpg

I think this scares all the gun grabbers; but by the Clinton assault rifle rules, this does not classify as such.:devil:

Back