Hello from the UAE

Hello everyone,
I am from Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.
Great forum with a wealth of info.
I am a huge car fan, especially when it comes to history and muscle. The GT40 encompasses both features including an endless design.
I am planning on purchasing a GT40. I have heard of Superformance, and with more research found out about CAV and RCR. So my questions are:

1. Any favorites here when it comes to those 3?
2. Any issues, is one better than the other?
3. Also I realize that the car (atleast with superformance) is sold complete minus engine and transaxle. My question do u guys know if any of those 3 manufacturers sells the car complete ie with engine and transaxle?? The reason I need a complete car is its difficult to find a reputable engine tuner with a dyno that can tune the installed engine so it can run properly in Abu Dhabi.

Thanks and I appreciate your time.

Hi Fahed,

My wife is currently doing some lecturing work at the hospital in Al Ain. From what she tells me about Adu Dhabi, you will need an extra high capacity air conditioning unit fitted under the dashboard of whatever 40 you get. If the engine uses an engine management system, you presumably would need it tuned to perform well under these high temperature conditions.

Dalton,

If your wife is working in the Tawam hospital, tell her to go have a look at the new cancer centre at the back of the hospital. the one sponsored by Mubadala. I installed the Cyclotron there last year.
And yes, heat management will be an issue.

Hi Fashed,
It's definitely worth finding out what your registration process would be. The car will no doubt need a test if it's regarded as an amateur build. If you need a complete turn key car, if it's never been registered before, you may need a lot of paperwork from the manufacturer to prove newness etc.

Martin

Thanks for the welcome guys. The max temp we see in summer is around 48-50 degrees Celsius. So A/C is a must.
Martin thats exactly what i am looking for a complete turn key car with the Roush engine in it.

Chris the website u pointed out sells kits, do u know if they sell a complete ready to run vehicle?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Fahed,

All three of the 40's you mentioned are very good cars, alot depends on what part of the legend is most important to you.

As for as getting a runner, the guyes are right, its best to find out about the laws were you will be driving and work back from there.

You can get what they call "crate" motors that come in a box from Ford or Roush or several others. My motor came with dino sheets and a warrenty.

Dalton is absolutly right, these babies are hot, very hot, the motor at your back, the radiator at you feet and the windows do not open. You need the best ac money can buy.

All that said, you can get great info here do not be afraid to ask, the guys are very helpful.

Once again welcome!

Registration is not a problem. I am trying to find a manufacturer that is able to deliver a GT40 that is ready to run ie nothing missing.

any help or guidance is greatly appreciated

Fahed,

Welcome - I know both Dubai and Abu Dhabi well. Too hot for my "cooler" disposition accustomed to mild/rainy climates....but a great place to see and visit both for fun and business. Yes, you'll definitely need a good AC system...and a very good engine cooling system! I would imagine a couple extra radiators would be best....perhaps an oil cooler and a couple fans to vent the engine bay as well! Your AC radiator should vent to the exterior air rather than the engine bay for best operation.

If registration is not a problem you might be best off with an already built complete car (ie. "used") as it will, in theory, have the bugs worked out. There are several available around the world from RCR, SPF, CAV, etc. Just pick your color, engine size, transaxle type, etc....and have fun!

Welcome Fahed,

Purchasing a turnkey CAV is not a problem. What I suggest is that you look into import and licensing issues with UAE. Check to see what countries have best trade deals with UAE. For example it may be easier and more cost effective if the GT40 originates from Africa, South America, U.S.A or the UK. Sometimes it could even be that if its imported to UAE via another country like Saudi Arabia is best.

Im in logistics and importation and I can tell you that its worthwile looking into this on your end.

Best Regards
Miguel

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I can supply a road ready Superformance GT40. They come with a good Air Conditioning unit and vent system.

We can provide for export any engine combination or power output you might desire.

PM me for additional information or see my profile for my email address.

Rick

Back