• I don't really fit in my GT40

Votes: 30 17.8%

• Total voters
The best part is that he is THIS tall.....7'.0"

Attachments

• Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 184 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 184 (Small).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 447
I got to sit in a Forty yesterday, for the first time, and felt a bit like him. I'm only 6'5" but the car was built by a shorter (ie. more normal) Forum member. They are TIGHT like a Jumbo jet toilet. How do you scratch yourself while driving?

Dalton

6'3 here. I fit fine.

For track days though, I have another seat with near zero padding so that the helmet can sit below the roll protection (as required by regulation).

Any other Superformance owners out there? Noticed Gary and his hat fit with a gurney bubble. I didn't order mine with bubbles and I'm wondering if I should have. I'm 5'9'', but wear a helmet for track days.

6'3 here. I fit fine.

For track days though, I have another seat with near zero padding so that the helmet can sit below the roll protection (as required by regulation).

Chris, I think it might have been you car that a sat in. it was at the RACV Mornington car show the other year. Silver RF with yellow pedal box if I remember correctly. Fitted in fine.

i tried to get into the GTD that is in north Melbourne the other week and couldn’t comfortably work out how to get my leg under the dash. Different cars built by different people yield different results.

I’m 6’ 4” to 6’something depending on hair cut

Ryan

I'm 6' 2" and the fit was perfect - once I had bolted the seat to the floor and fitted a Gurney bubble.
The problem was foot size. Mine are UK size 11 and could only push all 3 pedals at once, to begin with. A set of Tilton pedals sorted that out and it's now the most comfortable car I've ever lain in.

Tony Hunt

6'4" with a 36" inseam and I finally sat in my RCR. I could mount the pedals so I couldn't reach them! That has never happened before. With the seat positioned just right, I should fit fine. Better even than my FFR Daytona coupe, which is great once I get in.

Back