Israel and Gaza?

Howard Jones

Supporter
In my opinion the Israelis have an obligation to finish this war as fast possible and completely destroy their enemy. Then take responsibility for the survivors and insist that they join them in peaceful and mutual recognition of their future interest.

Until this happens nobody will live in peace.

Japan, Germany are two very good examples.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Good luck on that one, Howard. There isn't going to be any "truth and reconciliation" commission between those folks.

You could have Jesus himself ride a bicycle down whatever main street is in Jerusalem, with Moses and Abraham and Mohammed on the handlebars, all asking for them to stop killing each other, and they STILL wouldn't let up.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Silent or silenced Pete ? perhaps the latter.

Bob

Bob, if by silenced you mean afraid to speak out I agree with you. Throughout history millions have died because good peaceful people were afraid to speak out. We even have two words for it now, we call it political correctness.
P.C. Inhibits all of us from speaking out, its time we threw Political Correctness in the garbage and spoke out about the radicals among us.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Of Obamacare she said, "We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what's in it", and of the Occupy Wall Street kooks she said, "God bless them for their spontaneity. It's independent ... it's young, it's spontaneous, and it's focused. And it's going to be effective."

Some additional gems:

On the 'stimulus package': "Every week we don’t pass a Stimulus package, 500 MILLION AMERICANS (emph. mine) lose their jobs." (Yeeeeeeup... 500 million EACH WEEK.)

On the 'wisdom' of including millions of dollars for birth control funding in the 'stimulus package': "Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost."

On enforcing immigration law she said, "I think it's unAmerican."

There isn't enough bandwidth to list all of them...

And yet the kooks in California keep re-electing her. 'Amazing.

Keith

Of Obamacare she said, "We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what's in it", and of the Occupy Wall Street kooks she said, "God bless them for their spontaneity. It's independent ... it's young, it's spontaneous, and it's focused. And it's going to be effective."

Some additional gems:

On the 'stimulus package': "Every week we don’t pass a Stimulus package, 500 MILLION AMERICANS (emph. mine) lose their jobs." (Yeeeeeeup... 500 million EACH WEEK.)

On the 'wisdom' of including millions of dollars for birth control funding in the 'stimulus package': "Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost."

On enforcing immigration law she said, "I think it's unAmerican."

There isn't enough bandwidth to list all of them...

And yet the kooks in California keep re-electing her. 'Amazing.

Interestingly, she appears to have singlehandedly 'saved' the Obama Care Bill when BOB himself had backed off the idea...

marc

Lifetime Supporter
I would add to the Israeli -Arab debate but I get in trouble.
You can drill for oil through 6 inch of glass no problem was my statement regarding Iraq.
Christians don't believe in an eye for an eye which the Muslims do, therefore Israel retaliates en force.
What would you do if someone was lobbing rockets at your house just because they believe you don't belong ( I go to cheaperthandirt.com and get a sniper rifle and terminate with extreme prejudice).

Keith

Well, according to my information:

Pelosi has been credited for spearheading President Obama's health care law when it seemed that it would go down in defeat. After Republican Scott Brown won Democratic Ted Kennedy's former senate seat in the January 2010 Massachusetts special election and thereby causing the Senate Democrats to lose their filibuster proof majority, Obama agreed with then chief of staff Rahm Emanuel's idea that he should do smaller initiatives that could pass easily. Pelosi, however, dismissed the president's fear and instead mocked his scaled-back ideas as "kiddie care." After convincing the president that this would be their only shot at health care because of the large Democratic majorities they currently had, she rallied her Democratic caucus as she began an "unbelievable marathon" of a two month session to craft the health care bill, which successfully passed the House. In Obama's remarks before signing the bill into law, he specifically credited Pelosi as being "one of the best Speakers the House of Representatives has ever had."

Back