it is possible to drive the gt40 in boots?

A question for some american friends(or anybody else likes american boots).
It is possible to drive the Gt40 with Durango type boots?.
I wear them nearly everyday but sometimes is hard to get pedals in some small cars.
Just curious,maybe some of u like them too and drives without any problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"Good Grief" S'pose y'all be wearin' the 10 gallon hat as well?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Durango's would be easier than high heels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I always show up where I'm a goin with no shoes because I left them next to the car.narrow is better than fat, whether it's boots or tennis shoes.

Personally - I would'nt recommend it... My only off-track excursion that ended with a 'bodywork to tyre-wall' experience happened when I was wearing 'chunky' trainers.

I'd been 'rushed' into the car and whilst I do not blame the footwear for the incident - I am confident that for full control, soft-soled narrow footwear (eg race boots) should always be worn.

The thought of trying to drive and 'feel' the brakes/clutch or to attempt 'heel and toe' in boots makes me shudder!

Just my opinion, for those of you who regularly drive in, high-heels, stiletto's, wellies, spurs or hob-nail boots! - please carry on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LOL... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
try say u will not love to see a nice lady getting out from a 40 in stilettos... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I know u..hihihih..

Paul

I agree with Paul. Get yourself some nice looking race shoes.

I sat in a friend's CAV last Saturday and tried the pedals with my Nike sneakers. NO WAY!! Too wide. I will be getting race shoes to drive my 40 when it's complete.

Bill D

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Johan,

I had to LOL; at least I arrive with my right shoe on. I walk a little gimpy looking because my left shoe is sitting on the garage floor at home though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I am thinking of buying a pair of bowling shoes that are a half size under my normal for everyday use! Either that or rework my sneaks on the grinder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lynn

Even Nancy Sinatra would have trouble trouble driving a GT40 in her boots that were "made for walking." Unless I have very narrow soled shoes on, I just take my shoes off and drive barefoot.

J

Same here I just drive in bare feet. Always had for the Cobra's I have owned, so just naturally drove the GT40 in bare feet as well. Most of the time I have sandles on, so I just slip them off.

Piloti makes several models of "driving shoe" that are comfortable enough to walk in. Some of them look pretty decent, too, and they all have a very spiffy vintage racing tire tread-style pattern on the sole. Not cheap, though. Regular driving shoes are very difficult to walk in. Or stand in.

Scott

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Lukas, you have brightened my day. Funny how all of these ladies when they wash a car get more suds on themselves than they do on the car.
In my next life I want to be a seat belt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The great thing about living in Cape Town is it is a very laid back society which means driving barefoot and walking around town barefoot barely raises an eyebrow. So unless we are going to the Opera the shoes remain in the cupboard! Good excuse to dress down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm not sure what the distance between pedal centrelines is for the tilton, AP, Harrop etc pedal boxes that are often used. If I need to stand on the 993 brake with my size 10 trainers on, the throttle often gets it too (sometimes I can convert to a convincing sounding heel and toe if there is a crowd). The 993 pedal to pedal centreline is 100mm. Fine with narrow shoes, but I'd like another 10mm at least, if space constraints allow.

Back