J. Salmon RCR-40 Build

Congrats on your build J! Just noticed it here, usually see your posts on f-chat. Keep up the good work, Scott

Have you fitted the Ricardo in yet? I have mine at home and will start next week. I will be very interested in the approach you use to fit it, its bloody huge!

Jason

Body work and paint went smoothly, since I didn't do any of it :)

Fran and staff are putting the finishing touches on the body and it is just about ready to ship out.

Here are some old shots of the paint during wet sand. I tip my hat to all those who do this themselves, but I'll leave it for the true artists!

Here you can see the final color, which I am pretty stoked about. Should look sharp!

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 861
  • nose.jpg
    nose.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 998
  • rearclip.jpg
    rearclip.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 984
  • sills.jpg
    sills.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 834

Chuck

Supporter
Something about paint makes the light at the end of the tunnel seem so much brighter. Looking good!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
A couple for Jay.....

Attachments

• jay gt40 026 (Small).jpg
    jay gt40 026 (Small).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,157
  • jay gt40 027 (Small).jpg
    jay gt40 027 (Small).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 984
  • jay gt40 029 (Small).jpg
    jay gt40 029 (Small).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,167
  • jay gt40 005.jpg
    jay gt40 005.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 968

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
more ...

Attachments

• jay gt40 030 (Small).jpg
    jay gt40 030 (Small).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 901
  • 917monokit 010 (Small).jpg
    917monokit 010 (Small).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,387
  • jay gt40 018.jpg
    jay gt40 018.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 867
  • jay gt40 009.jpg
    jay gt40 009.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 830
  • jay gt40 019.jpg
    jay gt40 019.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 805
My personal favorites, and this will answer the question about fit. The LS7 is in unmodified (I read something about having to pull the water pump, but I think that was in reference to an LS6). the tranny is big, but it snuggles in there just fine. It even shows a bit of dangly from the rear. Let's you know it's a boy :)

Attachments

• EB at RCR.jpg
    EB at RCR.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,322
  • S7301577 (Small).JPG
    S7301577 (Small).JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,005

Ron McCall

Supporter
Looks GREAT!!! I LOVE the wheels! ;)
The body work looks top notch.
Took a bit of trimming to fit that monster in there didn't it??

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Looking great boys. Yep....I'm liking the blacked out wheels too. Well....one things for sure....running those tires, there would seem no chance of ever braking "that" transaxle...:laugh:

Woohoo! Delivery complete! Well, actually we still need to move it to the basement where the work will get done. But my crazy dad and a buddy drove from VA to Detroit and hauled that thing back home for me. It does look absolutely stunning in person, and the panel fit is perfect. The Kinsler box did not get loaded, so I don't get to oogle the stack tonight, but it whould go out from RCR soon (please..?). Plenty to do now though, and I am looking forward to getting started! Already have all sorts of ideas swirling, from brake cooling to front splitter to a few inside bits... I have a lot to live up to around here, I hope not to disappoint.

Attachments

• DD1.jpg
    DD1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 904
  • DD2.jpg
    DD2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,094
  • DD3.jpg
    DD3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,049
  • DD4.jpg
    DD4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,041
Another one shot by my brother in law, this is me steering while my dad looks on and his buddy helps turn the wheels. Off to move everything downstairs and go through all the boxes.

I do want to formally thank Fran and all the folks at RCR. As many of you know, today is a culmination of years of plotting and planning and dreaming, and it looks to come out beter than I had imagined!

I was wondering where the Kinsler unit came from in my car......nice little surprise, fits right on my engine you know.....

Now go tell your Pop the next thing I need to see rolling out of that trailer is a 360 Ferrari powered SLC <grin>

BTW: Youre cheating! That car is frikken half finished already.

Congrats bud!

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Jay...:chug:

Enjoy your build. BTW... I agree with Mesa.... cheater... :D;) Just kiddin.... still plenty for you to do. Have fun.

OK, forgot to add the actual pic from above.

Mesa, don't even joke about my Kinsler, thems fightin' words!

It looks like its done, but let me tell you, it's not. I don't do body work and paint, but everything else is still to come. The first thing I will need to do is take it all back apart. I want to look at the front of the motor to evaluate the water pump and alternator. The water pump is in and could stay with some plumbing tweaks, but I think I am going to swap to an electric. I don't have any idea about the alternator yet.

First pic is me and Dad and John, second gives an idea of where I stand with the firewall.

Attachments

• CIMG0685.jpg
    CIMG0685.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,287
  • Fire wall.jpg
    Fire wall.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,154
Back