Jimmymac & Alistair's Cars

How does the lower edge fit up to the chassis James. This is one angle that you don't normally see. It looks like you have the correct flange there to tie in with the bottom of the monocoque, is that what i am seeing.

Ryan

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Ryan,

FWIW - Yes, in my opinion.

However a lot of dashes on original cars did not fit properly as the bottom fibreglass skirt was poorly made to a full radius with no flat in the middle.
The curved front of the dash also has a lot of spring-back when it comes out of the mould and shortens the overall depth.

So these days we are now unfortunate to have the copies of original errors which are made worse because plug copies of fibreglass are usually undersized.

Photos of the fit on a couple of well known original cars below to offer my theory :

fullsizeoutput_f04.jpeg
HM 2008 008.jpg
HM 2008 009.jpg

Great photos James. It’s an angle you almost never see of these cars.
my dash, which I presume is ex KVA still has the angled front edge on top to meet the bottom of the windscreen frame but the lower edge is missing. Still trying to decide what I will do in that area. Given that I am quite tall some extra knee clearance would be nice.
Ryan

Great photos James. It’s an angle you almost never see of these cars.
my dash, which I presume is ex KVA still has the angled front edge on top to meet the bottom of the windscreen frame but the lower edge is missing. Still trying to decide what I will do in that area. Given that I am quite tall some extra knee clearance would be nice.
Ryan
I wouldn't worry about this Ryan, I'd sat in 3 original GT40s before I even noticed it :)

Regards,

Graham.

Randy V

Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I love the nice crisp lines in your dash. Most the replica dashes are not very well defined, so if you have them flocked, they look even worse!