Jokes anyone? -

Malcolm

Supporter
Decisions Decisions

When a panel of doctors was asked to vote on a new management system at their hospital:

The Allergists voted to scratch it and the Dermatologists advised, no rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the administration had a lot of nerve, and the Obstetricians stated they were all laboring under a misconception.

The Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted; the Pathologists each yelled, 'Over my dead body,' while the Pediatricians said, 'Grow up!'

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, the Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Radiologists could see right through it!

The Physicians thought it was a bitter pill to swallow; and the Plastic Surgeons said, 'This puts a whole new face on the matter.'

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists felt the scheme wouldn't hold water.

The Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas and the Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say, 'no.'

The dentists clenched their teeth and showed their disapproval.

In the end, the Proctologists left the decision up to some a**hole in administration.

And the big joke was they left the politicians to make the decision......sorry, that is thread drift!

Banking Update Alert!

Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on Northern Rock in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan.

In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely be going for a song while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal

Humorous Accents!!!

I know that each of us has a little difficulty at times, if not utter amazement, with the understanding of those who are not from their region of the country, or the globe for that matter, when it comes to expressing thoughts, opinions, or information. Here for your entertainment is an old archive of a shooting incident(in the U S). For you edification, a translation is provided.

http://boortz.com/mp3/archive/boo_got_shot_translation.mp3

Bill

Keith

Well Bill, my old buddy. I would surely be obliged if you could inform this ancient old retrograde exactly what was so sidesplitting about that piece, bearing in mind I lived in sunny Alabami for over 6 years.

Curious man, I just need to understand the local humour you dig?

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Keith, the subject might not be funny (specially from Boo's point of view), but the "Jarve Tock" is just incomprehensible & needed a translation. How do people who talk like that function in today's broader world ?

Bizarre dialects used to develop over time as a consequence of geographic separation, but today, we are seeing new dialects evolving very quickly along socio-economic lines.

With the blanket availability of communications media, why do some groups of people choose to alienate themselves from the rest of society by developing their own peculiar derivatives of common languages ?

Keith

Asright Dave, asright.

Bu ve BBC is roit up vere innit - u no it.

I don't believe it's possible to get a job on BBC radio unless you have an incomprehensible "regional" accent and the more regional the better.

Wa'ever, back to the funneis mate.....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Or be of the other persuasion, pregnant, religious, disabled or an ex nun. (Actually those are the qualities that candidates should aspire to for management posts in British Airways).

2 Muslim Mothers

Two Muslim mothers are sitting in the cafe chatting over a pint of goat's milk. The older of the moms pulls out her bag and starts flipping through pictures and reminiscing.
This is my oldest son, Mohamed. He would be 24 now.
The other mom replies, I remember him as a baby.
Mom says, he's a martyr now.
Oh, so sad, my dear.
Mom flips to another picture. And this is my second son, Khalid. He would be 21.
Oh I remember him. He had such curly hair when he was born.
Mom sighs, He's a martyr, too.
Oh gracious me, says the second mother.
And this is my third son. My beautiful Ahmed! He would be 18, Mom whispers.
Yes, says her friend enthusiastically, remember when he first started school.
He's a martyr also, Mom says, with tears in her eyes.
After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photos and says, They blow up so fast.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly gates.

"In honor of this holy season" Saint Peter said,"You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven."

The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter.
He flicked it on. "It represents a candle", he said.

"You may pass through the pearly gates" Saint Peter said.

The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys.
He shook them and said, "They're bells."

Saint Peter said "You may pass through the pearly gates".

The third man started searching desperately through his pockets
and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.

St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked,
"And just what do those symbolize?"

v

v

v

v

v

v

The man replied, "These are Carols."

And So The Christmas Season Begins......

VCC56

Lifetime Supporter
When the German conductor Rudolph Kempe first came to London to work with the New Philharmonia Orchestra, he was asked to make a special mention of a Mrs. Hodgekiss who had made generous donations to the orchestra. After an exhilarating performance of Mahlers 3rd symphony, the conductor turned to the audience and said: There's one person here in the concert hall who has made it possible to perform this wonderful piece by Mahler today, and the last part of her name makes a word, that I for one, and everyone else on stage would like to give her a big one of, so Mrs. Hitchcock, would you please join us up here...............A true story!

Back