Le Mans Classic 2008 11-12-13th July 2008

Update, final numbers for this event, 153 members attending with the club and at the BBQ and 53 cars booked for circuit laps. See you all there!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Emailed out the next update of the travel/accommodation info this evening. There are a number of common trends appearing now, so hopefully people will find this info useful.

Cheers,

Max

Malcolm

Supporter
Max

Can you pm or email me the data, yet to book a ferry so will be useful to see what others are doing.

Thanks

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Just sent out the next update.

Malc, I can do provided you will then be sending me your details to add to the list (I presume you are a member of the GT40EC too anyway). Please let me have your email address in the meantime, as your profile one will not allow me to send you an email.

Cheers,

Max

Hi to all attending the Classic this year, here is so info about the dress code from the organisers.
Le Mans Classic celebrates "the" Automobile and it is an interactive play…

On the occasion of Le Mans Classic, the 24-Hour-circuit produces a set paying tribute to fifty years of its history celebrated by Le Mans Classic. Modern cars are prohibited inside the circuit to preserve this unique past times atmosphere. All the actors, drivers wherever they are –on the track or inside the paddocks-; club members; partners and their guests endeavour to perform on the stage.

The public (over 70,000 people in 2006), is encouraged to do likewise. Thus, we kindly ask the spectators to visit Le Mans Classic correctly dressed up. The actors of this temporary show, who come often from abroad, will for sure appreciate to receive in return their visitors' tribute.

To visit the paddocks if no proper dress code is enforced, 'jacket and tie' is preferred. On the other hand, tracksuits, shorts and bare-chested are strictly prohibited.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Dave,
you're right, maybe they should all wear nurses outfits, or period housemaid uniforms, wait, this is France, Folies Bergeres outfits.
Woops thats a few of my fetishes out in the open.

What sort of things should or could we wear as participants, race togs or what? This would be a good point for people who have been before to enlighten us newbies.

Hi Dave M,
I'm more disappointed that they won't get in if they are bare chested, haven't the organisers realised how good this would be for event publicity!

Dave Bilyk, I think they are trying to pursue the 'Goodwood' look.
Why not look up Goodwood Revival and get some ideas from that, for example, drivers of cars could wear period overalls? If you avoid jeans and T shirts then you should have no problem getting into the paddocks anyway.
regards
Roy

ABBEVILLE TRACK DAY - 14 JULY 2008:chug:
We have just heard that the Abbeville track day, planned for the return from the Le Mans Classic, is ON. Price is £129 per car with driver.
For further details, contact Katie Elliott at Ben Elliott Racing tel:+44 (0)1480 431303 or by e-mail.
Don't forget to squeeze in your helmet, along with everything else for the weekend!
Details in Fortyfication No 77 (due out 1 March).

Camping Update

Hi all,
I have just had our camping confirmed and we will be located in 'Karting Nord' area (opposite Maison Blanche), Maison Blanche is currently being redeveloped and may not be completed in time for this event so we are 'playing safe'

I can't accept any more entries through the club now as we are out of time- so please-no more!
regards
Roy

Wise decision Roy, having seen the pictures of the work in progress, Karting
Nord is a much better alternative, although the A.C.O. are assuring everybody it
will be ready in time Le-Mans has just had it's wettest winter in years.
Karting Nord has no numbered pitches etc, etc, and about the same distance to the
village "GREAT"

Back