Let the games begin!

Hello all, I've been a Porsche lover all my life, But after 20+ years of ownership they started to become "mundane". Great cars but I needed something more outrageous.

I started to think about my next purchase and after finding GT40's.com It was quite clear what my next car would be. This forum contains a wealth of knowledge by true 40 enthusiast that's second to none! and made my desire to own one of these cars almost a obsession.

I am now a proud owner of a Roaring Forties, Chassis 015. I have many questions to ask and will try to keep them short and to the point. Also, to put them in the right categories for best results.

Watkins Glen Here I Come!!

Patrick

Hey Jim, Yes finnished car. Needs some work to get it up to my standards but is a very nice strait car with all the hard parts to make it something special.

This early RF in my opinion, seems to be very well built.

Not quite sure how to ad pics.

Patrick, welcome to the GT40 family. The 40 is certainly not a car you'll see everyday and its no Porsche but these cars have a way of making you feel like a champion. Like any car they have their moments but I never get tired of seeing mine sitting in the garage calling me out to play. Enjoy. Look forward to seeing pics.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm having trouble uploading pics.

Any input would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC00464.jpg
    DSC00464.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC00465.jpg
    DSC00465.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 251

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Patrick,

That's a real beauty, I love the color!

Tell us about the motor and that very interesting looking intake system.

Patrick, when I first saw your photos I had to check my Garage to be sure mine was still there! (it is and yours has wider white stripes while mine are silver). Beautiful car and I know you will enjoy it. Watch out though as random pretty girls WILL come and sit in it!

Attachments

• DSCF1206.jpg
    DSCF1206.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 202
Jim and Chris, Thanks for the kind words. The random pretty girls thing works for me!
The blue with white stripes is stunning. Everyone who has seen it feels the same.
The engine is a 331 stroker with forged internals, Dart aluminum block, AFR aluminum heads, Motec M48 ecu and topped off with a Morrison X-Ram fuel injection. Check out their website, They make some really nice stuff. Power is through a ZF -2 transaxle. I've yet to drive it as I'm sorting out all the little details. Should be one hell of a ride!

Welcome Patrick. I bet you'll really get hooked on your GT40. It's a similar experience in some ways to a 911 with the engine behind you, but there's just a lot more hp/tq to have fun with....

Incidentally, I've thought about what a fun project a all-alloy SBF would be in a 911....that would really scoot!

Cheers.

Cliff, What gen 911 would you choose? I think a 996 version with a alloy SBF would be tops. After all, The cooling system is already laid out. You would have very well built, great handling car with a powerful, reliable V-8 behind you. It won't fall in there but would be a cool project.

I'm excited about this GT 40. With Porsches you just keep them up to snuff.. Jump in and go! The 40 is different, I need to put on my "Tights and Cape" Just to work on the Bastard, But I like it!

We shall see, If me and Mr. 40 don't get along Then a GT2 is my next!

Patrick,

Yes, exactly, was thinking the 996 would be the best base to start from with the cooling and modern suspension/handling. Alloy SBF with 450hp/tq would be nudging it's nose out ahead of a turbo.

You're gonna get hooked on the 40. Easy to work on, everything accessible, and if you're comfortable working on a porsche then the 40 will seem dead simple once you're familiar with it. One little tip, use Grade 8 hardware for everything, particularly any suspension stuff. And be careful with all that power, it can easily get away from you.

Enjoy!

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Patrick,

Welcome. Your ride is a stunning epitome of the Le Man's tradition. I love that color of blue, and the white stripes exemplify the livery. Way to go . . .

Robert

That's a sweet 40. The rears fill the arches nicely and the steering wheel's on the right side. Always a nice touch! ;) Enjoy

Back